Remember me
Lost Password Register

Just received in stock
03-22-2007, 09:37 AM,
Just received in stock
We just got in a limited number of Cobra2 dive computers.  If you would like to take a look stop by soon as they won't last long I have added a link to our web page where it tells about all it can do.  It is located toward the bottom of the page.
I can not post the price and they are for in store sales only.

Attached Files
.jpg   cobra2_front_2d705.jpg (Size: 22.08 KB / Downloads: 333)
.gif   suunto_cobra2_logo_2f54b.gif (Size: 1.41 KB / Downloads: 322)
.jpg_thumb   cobra2_front_2d705.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.53 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-26-2007, 07:32 AM,
Re: Just received in stock
Our fist shippment of the new Cobra2 sold out fast.  We just received another shippment Wed afternoon (4/25/07).  These have been extremely popular and we are going through them as fast as they are coming in.  If you click on the link on above this one it will take you to our home page.  If you scroll to the bottom of the page it will give you the specs on the all new Cobra2.
04-26-2007, 08:07 AM,
It sounds like the differance between the original and the corba 2 is the electronic compass, is that the only difference?

I have a Cobra (the orignial) and LOVE IT!

Im curious as to how navigation works with a digital compass....no lubber lines or swiveling bezel???
04-26-2007, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2007, 09:03 AM by NorthlandDivers.)
It also has bigger numbers so it is much easier to read.  It has the Deep Stop function and it will handle 2 gases which you can switch between while underwater.
04-26-2007, 08:58 AM,
Im assuming you said you can switch between two gases underwater...?? If that is the case under which applications would you need that ability?(curiousity question).

how do you navigate with a electronic compass and no bezel?(another curiousity question)
04-26-2007, 09:06 AM,
I fixed my english on the gases.  It reads the degrees on the bottom beside the NSEW so once you have your setting you just keep your number up.  It's kind of like reading a side reading compass from the top as you would not use the bezel from the side but the degree number but, that part you already know so I was just being redundent I guess.
04-26-2007, 09:21 AM,
I suppose this would all make sense if I just looked at it in person and I appreciate the explaination!

correct me if im wrong but on a normal compass you are some what idiot proof in the sense if you set your bezel you could/should be able to follow the heading out spin around and follow it back in, with the digital compass you have to know what the opposite heading for your return (since you cant see the compass) because you have no idiot proof line to follow. if that makes any sense
04-26-2007, 09:41 AM,
I guess I havn't used the lubber line for a long time.  When they came out with the side reading compass I just switched to using it that way.  Yes you have to add but, if your turning around it's 180 degrees.  Plus the compass does have the north, northeast, west, southwest, south etc. on it and you can watch that as you turn.  It's just nice to be able to keep the smaller package and not have to add a compass to it or have one clipped off on your bc or add something more to your wrist.  There new Vyper2 has the same features as the Cobra2 except that's it not air integrated.  I just got another one of those in but, I think someone is coming in soon to purchase it.
04-26-2007, 10:11 AM,
I just receiced this email from Aqualung on the Cobra2 and Vyper 2.
AQUA LUNG IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF SUUNTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE COMPUTERS YET

NEW COBRA2 AND VYPER2 WITH DIGITAL COMPASS AND EASY-TO-READ MATRIX DISPLAY

Suunto-the world leader in dive computers-has redesigned its popular Suunto Cobra and Vyper to help enthusiasts maximize bottom time and get the most from every dive. Engineered for accuracy and ease of use, the new Suunto Cobra2 and Vyper2 build on the proven features of their predecessors with an electronic compass, graphic dive profiles, Suunto RGBM Deep Stop Algorithm and simplified four-button operation. Both units are full decompression dive computers, with the added benefit of air integration on the Cobra2.

Simplifying the diver's setup, the Cobra2 and Vyper2 include electronic compasses with tilt compensation, which guide divers both graphically (with arrows) and numerically (in degrees). Both units also feature built-in dive simulators, allowing divers to test the waters without getting their fins wet. Vital information-including graphic dive profiles-reads effortlessly thanks to a new matrix display.

The Cobra2 and Vyper2 can be used for diving with air or Nitrox, or as a depth gauge and timer-all with profile memory. In Nitrox mode, the diver can choose between two different gas mixes, preset before the dive. The diver can choose from 21-100% oxygen content, with the ability to change the partial pressure of the oxygen for each mix. During the dive, the user can switch to the second gas within allowable safety limits (maximum operating depth).

The Cobra2 and Vyper2 incorporate the Suunto RGBM Deep Stop Algorithm, which tracks both dissolved and free gas in the blood and tissues of divers. It can address a number of diving circumstances outside the range of typical dissolved gas models. The Deep Stop function gives the diver the option of taking safety stops at depth by using the iterative deep stop approach, or in the traditional shallow water range.

Extensive memory functions include lifetime history, and a 42-hour (Cobra2) or 80-hour (Vyper2) logbook with dive profile. The default 20 second sampling rate can be changed to 1, 10, 30 or 60 seconds. With the 60 second sampling rate, the diver can increase the total logbook memory of the Cobra2 to 128 hours and the Vyper2 to 240 hours. The logbook memory and the graphic dive profile show real-time water temperature information, which can be seen on the screen immediately after the dive. Bookmarks that have been entered during the dive will also appear on the graph.

The Cobra2 incorporates air integration with features such as temperature, compensated tank pressure, and estimated remaining air time with low cylinder pressure warning. The Cobra2 is 300 bar (5000 psi) compatible.

Hopefully this will answers questions or maybe create new ones.  I used the Vyper2 on my trip to Saipan and Palau and absolutely loved it.  As I use bifocals I really liked the big numbers.
04-26-2007, 10:14 AM,
Hmmm.  I need to see one of these!