Remember me
Lost Password Register

Superior Scuba Center Moving?
01-02-2007, 08:35 AM,
Superior Scuba Center Moving?
Does anyone know if Superior Scuba Center is moving or ?????? I was in Duluth last weekend and it looked like their shop was empty and they were loading equipment, etc. in to trucks?????
01-02-2007, 11:42 AM,
Re: Superior Scuba Center Moving?
Interesting.  There is no information on their website.  Maybe someone can give Jay a call and find out.
01-02-2007, 01:47 PM,
I know he's had plans for awhile now to move out of his current location.  To where, I'm not sure at this point.  Maybe I'll stop by the shop this afternoon and see what's up...
01-02-2007, 02:07 PM,
I spoke with Jay today.  He should be posting something shortly.  They are indeed moving to a new location.    Wink
01-03-2007, 08:21 PM,
according to his message, he temporarily moved to north shore drive i believe the 5800 block...Jay..what you gonna do with those canopies
Oops Did I really say that?????
01-03-2007, 10:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2007, 12:45 PM by LKunze.)
Hey All!
Sorry for the confusion and please allow me to clarify the moving situation.  First of all we have moved, currently we are opperating out of my house at 5229 North Shore Drive.  For those of you not familiar with Duluth this is on the Old Hwy 61 scenic drive North East of Duluth just a little over half a mile North of the new McQuade Safe Harbor.

The reason for the confusion is until the Wednesday after Christmas I didn't know where I was moving either.  As some of you already know we have been planning on moving to the Connor's Point Marine Center in Superior WI.  This move will allow us to be right on the water and have our dive boat "Superior Wreckreation" right at the shop.  The problem is the person who is in charge of the whole project has had health issues the past few months and construction has been "on again / off again" since they broke ground. 

Since the project was originally scheduled to be completed in October 2006 we notified the management company of our old location that we would be vacating by the first of January 2007.  This would give us a few months to slowly move our inventory to the new location but unfortunately with the construction delays the new building wasn't ready for us to move into.  The past several weeks we've been looking for a temporary location, or to rent month to month at our current location.  The problem started when our management company wanted us to sign a new lease at the current location and there were no other buildings available in Duluth that fit our budget or needs for a temporary location.

So if you know of anyone looking for us please let them know our problem is only temporary and we were told the new location should be ready by March (which probably means it won't really be ready until spring).  We'll do our best to keep you posted and if you need to get a hold of us in the mean time you can still reach us at the same phone numbers.

Once again I would like to apologize for the confusion and hopefully you'll stick with us in our time of turmoil.  We appreciate everyone sticking with us so far and look forward to serving you at our new location this spring.  We will be posting information about the new location on our website soon but as I'm primarily a one man show things have the tendency to happen a little slower than I would prefer.

Good Diving!
Capt. Jay
01-04-2007, 12:15 AM,
Oh Yea,
I forgot to thank Lonnie for notifying me that people we're looking for us and to tell Capt. Dean that we'll be fighting the management company to get our awning back! 

Call me Dean I think I'll need a Captain next summer as my wife is expecting our first in late July!

Good Diving!
Capt. Jay
01-04-2007, 07:40 AM,
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

It will be kind of nice to take the winter off.  If your management company gives you any difficulty about your canopy, tell them they can stick it in their  ast >Big Grin because you will have a client that works of a sign company that would love nothing more than to barter out new dive equipment for your sign!  ;D good luck in the new location, be sure to give me a call or shoot me an e-mail and I'll help you with designing your signs for your new location.
01-06-2007, 09:17 AM,
Hey Jay,
Ill shoot you a call when i get moved into the new house..i also have some health issues to be resolved prior to committing..( back surgery)...but we will talk....i just missed you at Gales....you were talking with Keith...when i got around to his booth...you had taken off to get the boat..sorry i missed you......very happy to hear about the addition to your family...very exciting......re the canopies....i bet we could have those disappear in less than an hour if there is a problem..i think a quick sawzall would do the trick
deano
02-14-2007, 11:57 AM,
Jay...how is the move going?........i was by the old shop yesterday....how are the negotiations on the canopies going?...i took a good look..i bet we could have those off the building with 4 guys and power tools in 15 minutes..there are only a couple of bolts holding them down and mostly hanging on hooks.........just a thought...... >Big Grin
Deano