Remember me
Lost Password Register

U.S.S. ORISKANY
01-06-2007, 07:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2007, 11:21 AM by LKunze.)
U.S.S. ORISKANY
I am sitting in the hotel room, trying to hold onto my computer that's really not moving back and forth, but it feels like it is!

Yes, I dove the ORISKANY today ;D.  We were on board the wet dream diving with MBTdivers.  It was a little rough with seas predicted at two to four.  They seemed a lot bigger, especially trying to climb onto the ladder with two HP.  130s strapped to my back :o and a 40 ft.³ stage bottle.  :'( :'( The visibility was only at about 30 feet with a ripping current.  We look like kites, doing our decompression stops!  The fish population on the wreck was very scarce, so I was able to forgive my instructor for not allowing me to bring my gun with. I would've only shot one amberjack, and one barracuda.  Not exactly a top of the food chain fish that I wanna pay extra 4 to haul back to Minnesota. Only four more dives to can delete my advanced nitrox and stage deco.

After art figures out how to get stills off of his videos and shows me,  I will post some of my pics ;D
01-07-2007, 01:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2007, 11:22 AM by LKunze.)
Re: U.S.S. ORISKANY
Those MBT guys are really nice.  Did you stay at that hotel just down the road with all the Navy guys?  How long did it take to get out there? You're doing advanced nitrox and deco down there?
01-08-2007, 09:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2007, 11:22 AM by LKunze.)
Sounds very, very different than our trip... very little current, lots of fish...

As for the current, ask MBT if they have a jon-line you can borrow.

What was the H2O temp.?

Enjoy!
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
01-08-2007, 05:48 PM,

We stayed at the   suburban   I,m not sure if that's where the Navy guys stay or not.  Was about a two-hour boat ride one way.  Yes I'm doing advanced nitrox and stage decompression, only two dives left to go's.  And that will most likely be at 40 fathoms grotto.
01-08-2007, 05:49 PM,

Second day was canceled due to high seas ended up diving 40 fathoms grotto today.  Water temp was about 67°