Remember me
Lost Password Register

good mask - Cressi Big Eyes
10-25-2002, 09:17 AM,
good mask - Cressi Big Eyes
I just received a new Cressi Big Eyes mask along with some other equipment and although I haven't had any of it in the water I am so impressed with the Big Eyes I thought I'd share my thoughts. It has tear drop type lenses (interchangeable for near/far sightedness) that fit very close to the cheeks and allow you to see your belly without tilting your head. Plus, because it fits so close to the face it ends up with a fairly wide field of view and I would say excellent "low" volume, of course, not quite as low as my mares target but very low. I know some reviews posted at the diveinn say it is weak, almost everyone over at deeperblue likes it. Too bad I bought it for my wife.... Wink

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
10-25-2002, 10:11 AM,
Re:good mask - Cressi Big Eyes
Let me know how you/she likes it in the water. My Opera mask pinches my nose and I'm looking for a replacement.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
10-25-2002, 09:46 PM,
Have had a Big Eyes over a year. Fits great, great field of vision and very easy to clear.
Just bought a Cressi Horizon - same lense/field as Big Eyes, but includes small side windows too. Has less volume than Big Eyes, clears very easily.
Great masks. The Horizon is even betetr than the Big Eyes!!
Dan L
10-26-2002, 10:43 AM,
DanL,
Looks like the Cressi Horizon is next mask on my list...thanks. Can never have enough masks.... or fins... or wetsuits... or dive computers... ... Smile or time... or $$$...

Fred
11-02-2002, 08:42 PM,
What's the difference in price between the 2?
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
11-16-2002, 03:57 PM,
Tbrown,
I don't know the dif in price. I can tell you that my wife has a narrow face and had trouble with the mask leaking unless it was quite tight. Also, it bothered her nose some. It worked great for me, guess it's mine now.. boo hoo. Smile Still, for freediving my Mares Target is the best.

Fred