Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuits
01-11-2007, 01:55 AM,
Drysuits
Hi folks:
Just wondering if any of you have been to then DUI drysuit page lately?

It's late and I'm not tired so I have been browsing.
As you may or may not know I have been involved with Scuba Diving Matt.
DUI is a prime sponsor of Matt. At DEMA Susan Long was with Matt on his 1st ocean dive.

Right now I'm not with any particular store, so I'm not kissing anybody's butt  when I ask myself why anybody dives anything but a DUI Drysuit. I have owned 2 of them. The 1st was custom made because I am a "portly gentleman" Well, I undergrew that suit and had to sell it. Right now I wish I had kept it because I have outgrown my new suit.

So back to the browsing. I went to the DUI site to see if any of Matt's DEMA stuff was there yet."it hasn't" But I did find their forum site. brings me back to my origanal question. Why dive any other type of drysuit?, and if your a Minnesota diver why are you not diving dry.

End of commercial.
01-11-2007, 05:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2007, 06:03 AM by LKunze.)
Re: Drysuits
Chuck, I dive a DUI  TLS-350 drysuit and have been very happy with it though I bought mine used.  There are other drysuits out there that are just as good as DUI though that have a lower retail price among similar suit models.  Diving Concepts, Pinnacle, DiveRite, etc. If I decide to buy a brand new suit next time I likely won't purchase a DUI suit because of their excessive prices. 
01-12-2007, 09:08 AM,
I also dive DUI but thats because I bought a used one custom cut for divers of girth  ;D . I will most likely buy a DUI next time but hopefully get a different color scheme  Wink
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
01-12-2007, 03:47 PM,
I have a DUI CLX 450 and love it!!  Wouldn`t have anything else!!

Greg
We don`t quit playing because we grow old,,,,We grow old because we quit playing!!
01-12-2007, 03:47 PM,
I too dive a tls350..but have to say that one can get a diving concepts( which most of the folks i know now dive) for considerable less money....I love the suit, but would have a very hard time putting out that  kind of money again
Oops Did I really say that?????
01-30-2007, 04:44 PM,
WtDrm--

Please get a better color scheme this time..  I'd love to trade in my Viking for a 350 or 450.  But I figure I might as well wear this one out first.  All I know is Back Zip Sucks and when I've been given a chance to Dive a DUI I've loved it.  My poor kid is going to hate me...  In two years he'll be getting my Viking Dry suit, My old BC/Regs and my POS Chevy Pickup...  It's either that or I give him MNLakeDivers Surburban..  But that would be torture...
01-31-2007, 03:37 PM,
for the right offer on the scuburban you might get a deal on a lovely tls 350 that lets you show support for breast cancer resurch  >Big Grin
01-31-2007, 03:54 PM,
Jim, do you have a pink drysuit too?
01-31-2007, 04:10 PM,
I bought WTDRM's old suit  :o