Remember me
Lost Password Register

ProEar Masks
01-14-2007, 03:38 PM,
ProEar Masks
Has anyone used this mask and do you feel it performed as advertised?  I have had a history of perforated eardrums and have been thinking about investing in one.

Also do any of the dive shops in the twin cities carry this item?
Thanks,
Mike
01-14-2007, 09:19 PM,
Re: ProEar Masks
I know of a few shops that carry Ear Docs!  They are either vented or non-vented ear plugs made by a doctor who dives.  I've tried them once, but a diver friend of mine swears by them!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
01-14-2007, 11:01 PM,
P.M Mark Y.
I think he still uses them??
01-16-2007, 04:40 AM,
Ear plug product name
The name of the product is Doc's Pro Plugs. Their web page is
01-16-2007, 10:31 AM,
Scuba Center Eagan stocks them.
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
01-16-2007, 11:44 AM,
The "Pro Ear" and "Doc's Pro Plugs" are actually two different products  Wink

The Pro Ear was a mask made by Oceanic that incorporated two ear cups with tubing running to the mask to equalize the space between the mask and the ears.  I say "was" because to my knowledge it has been discontinued for some years.  The "Scuba Queen" may still be available which was a similar product that you had to "plug" into an existing mask.

The Pro Plug is similar to ear plugs they sell to swimmers that has the unique ability to allow air transfer and therefore make it safer to use while SCUBA diving.

Thought some clarification on this issue was needed  8)

CN3
Don't believe the hype!
01-16-2007, 12:01 PM,
Sorry! I should have been more specific. Scuba Center stocks Doc's Pro Plugs, Thats where I get mine. Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
01-16-2007, 06:50 PM,
Thanks folks for your input.  I found their web site and eventually purchased one from Scuba Pro.
06-27-2007, 07:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2007, 07:36 PM by WeatherPaparazzi.)
If anyone is thinking about getting this mask?  GET IT!!!

I dove with it for the whole trip I just went on and I only had a seal problem twice and that was my fault.

Overall, even with repeated dives of which some got to 95 feet, my ears were totally dry coming back out of the water and I had no problems with any ear pains or clearing for the whole trip.

Even if you don't have ear problems, get this mask.  Yeah it looks funny but when everyone else is on their 4th dive of the day and their ears are soggy and they have problems, YOU WONT. 

Here is the web site 
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
06-27-2007, 09:51 PM,
yeah, that's what I've been waiting for, someone to brag up the pro ear mask.  Maybe now is a good time to sell mine.. if anyone is interested I'll sell, if you're serious I'll set a price, otherwise I'm not going to give it a thought.  I'll even pack it for the trip through the cities on the way to the Freedive A-palooza mid July for ya.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?