Remember me
Lost Password Register

Edmund Fitzgerald
01-15-2007, 10:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2007, 05:30 AM by LKunze.)
Edmund Fitzgerald
Update on Fitz dive.  We can't seem to find a charter operator who will take us out to do our Fits dives. If anyone knows anybody tell them to get in touch with me.  I don't want to have to use the dive kayaks. The team has been training very hard with a couple members enduring incredibly lengthy "couch" dives obviously preparing mentally for the long deco.  With the Fitz being relatively shallow we have already been talking about a dive to the Titanic. Obviously a very difficult dive due to the expense involved in logistics. But hey, ya gotta have goals.  >Big Grin
01-15-2007, 10:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2007, 05:31 AM by LKunze.)
Edmund Fitzgerald
I was out at the Fitzgerald this past weekend...A little cold but the wind wasnt too bad..seas were less than 8ft...I guess i was a little pissed off..it took a while to get there and my divers where all very excited..but someone had already removed the buoy.........WTF....a little early dont you think....none of them felt like doing a free ascent and being the dummy that i am..i brought all my gear, but left my aluminum 80 on the dock!..so all i had was my 30cuft pony bottle and my spare air..enough to set the line, but clearly not enough air to penetrate the bridge...i thought about it for a while and decided to bag the dive......bummer. Sad..and that was alot of fuel... :'(
oh well.....i guess there is always next time....
happy diving
>Big Grin
Oops Did I really say that?????