Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Are you planning a winter dive vacation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
53.85%
7 53.85%
No
0%
0 0%
Not sure yet
23.08%
3 23.08%
In my dreams
7.69%
1 7.69%
Does the Mall of America count?
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Done Diving 'Till Spring?
10-28-2002, 12:02 PM,
Done Diving 'Till Spring?
Just curious...
10-28-2002, 12:07 PM,
Re:Done Diving 'Till Spring?
The diving season is not over yet in some places. I was at Okoboji this past saturday and visibility was great. Water clarity was very bad two week ago because of the "lake turning process". However, that natural process is over and the views now are great. We visited the pipelines and the Tower and it was a super experience. Water temp was 49 degrees and no termoclines. I might stop diving at Okoboji in late November.

cheers
11-15-2002, 09:27 AM,
Yeah...I'm done til spring now. It's just too cold for the old wetsuit for me. Sad I'm going to clean up all my gear this weekend and store it in the closet for the winter. Let's hope the winter goes by fast! Wink
11-15-2002, 10:00 AM,
I refuse to give up!!! O.k. - eventually. I'm still hoping to get in one more lake dive if the weather rights itself next week. But maybe we're done.

At least one more winter dive vacation.. we'll do a back-pack or tent trip somewhere warm later this winter. It will depend on the air fare as to where we go but Mexico seems to be the cheapest lately. Not to fired up about Jamaica again. Maybe the Dom. Rep.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
11-15-2002, 11:02 AM,
I am going on Smith Diving's Turkey Dive tomorrow (Sat Nov 16th...)
As I look out my window here at Supervalu in Eden Prairie, there is ICE on the surface of Lake Bryant.
I called Smith Diving and they said *YES* they are still diving...Guess I am going...
(Bringing plenty of Hot Water...)

Am working on going to the Fla Keys (Key Largo to be exact the 1st week of December)...
All by myself...
Will be taking a wreck diving class and doing a lot of diving on the Spegiel Grove...
I will have that camera of mine going and will take lots of pics!!!

Happy Early Ice Diving...

Thanks...Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
11-15-2002, 03:25 PM,
Join me on Blackbeards in February