Remember me
Lost Password Register

Welcome to one of our Littlest divers!
01-23-2007, 08:30 PM,
Welcome to one of our Littlest divers!
Shrimpy is ten years
old & comes to us as a Third Generation Diver.
He is an (almost accomplished) PADI Seal Master
and an SDI open water Diver I
(awaiting to complete his OW2 this spring)
After much pleading and graveling to his Mother
He has been allowed to have his (very first ever) own scuba email account.
He spends hours scrolling through your
dive photo's and likes the
puffer fish the best.

On a night like tonight
you can usually find him in the bath tub amongst a few plastic fish,
with mask, fins, and snorkel on.
The bottle of blue food color is missing from the kitchen  shelf...
This necessary item (I am told)
contributes to his bath tub oasis
so that it has the (true)
look and feel of a "real Caribbean reef, mom!"

Shrimpy's Birthday is in May,
and he would like a BCD
AND
Cobra computer ...
(wouldn't we all?)
Donations welcome.

Please send him a PM if you get a second.
He is thrilled to read about all of you guys and wants to do something in underwater sciences when he heads off to college...

(again, donations welcome)

Please welcome SHRIMPY!

(no I did not choose the name)

Safe Winter Travels to all of you!

michelle~

01-24-2007, 02:19 PM,
Re: Welcome to one of our Littlest divers!
Welcome to the board, Shrimpy.  Way cool on your accomplishments!  Hopefully next summer, we can get you and your mom up to ore b gone with Paul's granddaughter, who got certified a couple of summers ago...I think she's 12.  (She's pretty cute, by the way.  For a girl, that is ;D ;D ;D)

01-24-2007, 02:52 PM,
Hey Shrimpy---
Nice job!!!  keep up the good work..how does it feel to be a scuba diver?...make sure you brag to all of your friends at school and everywhere else you go.  Your mom can help with that one...

regarding the bc and cobra....nah...best to get started on the right foot....tell mom that you really want a set of twin 50's and a back plate and harness..or maybe go right to a dry suit.....it may be time for a paper route though... Wink

You have started a voyage in your life..do your best to follow it through.  Just make sure you do it as safely as possible.  I look forward to diving with you this summer.....WAY TO GO!

DivecaptDean
Oops Did I really say that?????
01-24-2007, 02:53 PM,
Oh yeah.............

Girl have cooties ;D
01-24-2007, 03:29 PM,
hey shrimpy, can't wait to see you up in crosby. just be sure your mom brings chillie  >Big Grin
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
01-24-2007, 06:03 PM,
Girls do not have cooties....They drown when we dive!!!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
01-24-2007, 06:52 PM,
Ok,,,there is your out...you have to start smooching other 10 year old girls..THAT DIVE...because the other girls have cooties Big Grin
01-24-2007, 07:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2007, 07:18 PM by MAXFACTOR.)
OK folks.  Lets get it straight   the   kid is not a girl.     He is a super diver.  I should know I was his dive master.   

Let  me tell you my observation of this young man.  He is almost 11.    He has perfect buoyancy.  He is very comfortable underwater as well as above water.  He has lots of experience already.  He breezed through his classes and underwater skills tests as he was taught for the most part by his mother and one of the nicest people I know, Stephanie, who was his Padi Seal Instructor. 

He had a very good instructor for his class room and pool part and a dive master that has the patience of a saint.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST MEMBERSHIP CLUB SHRIMPY,  Membership does have its privileges.

BUT MAY I SUGGEST THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME...  to something like Shark MAN.  or  Cave Dweller, or ONE-WITH-THE-GILL.  ALthough I  have TM these names, I would clearly give you a lic. to use and advance the above great names.       SHRIMPY,  doesn't fit your personality.

PS....  thanks again for the nice tip for being your dive master.
MAXFACTOR

01-25-2007, 06:35 PM,
Hey Shrimpy (Mason)!

Glad to see you are learning how to use the mnboard!
You are going to make an awesome diver one day, starting out so young!
Rumor has it that your momma grew up on the Great Lakes and your Grandpa use to dive the great lakes as she watched on?
Now you wont have to be sitting in that dive boat or hanging around the opening of those caves waiting for her and your brother to come up!
You're going to be one of them!
See a little birdie told me, that your Mom use to throw all her dive gear into a pile in the middle of the living room every night and tell you, you had 3 minutes to fully assemble it. Those little drills will now pay off!

Dive safe. Play safe. and Make a million memories.
Maybe one day you too, will pass this legacy on to a 4th generation!

Your new Dive buddy,
                                             Amy