Remember me
Lost Password Register

Virginia Dive Shop
01-30-2007, 02:08 PM,
Virginia Dive Shop
Yesterday Tall Pine Divers was taken over by Superior Scuba Center. Jay and Rick have been working on this the past few months. Training, Airfills, Servicing of equipment and equipment sales will continue in the Virginia, Gilbert area. This is good for the Iron Range diving. More info will be coming out as we get things settled down. I enjoy the fact that I will be working with Jay to keep this alive for those in the northland.
Rick
01-30-2007, 02:51 PM,
Re: Virginia Dive Shop
Good news Rick.  Looking forward to the details when everything is settled.  Your area has some of the best diving in the state and needs a shop of some sort.  I make the 3+ hour trip up there to dive at least a half dozen times a year.  It's nice to have a shop up there, air available, etc when needed.
01-30-2007, 04:43 PM,
Rick, very good news and congrats to you and Jay.
--Jason
01-30-2007, 05:01 PM,
Good luck...glad to have the availability up there.  I love running up there for 2 or 3 dives!
01-30-2007, 10:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2007, 10:35 AM by MAXFACTOR.)
Rick and Jay,   Congratulations.  I am glad for you guys, and personally, Rick, you have worked so hard up there at Ore B gone, and helped make that one of the premiere dive sites in MN.   I'm sure it will all work great for all parties.
maxfactor
03-27-2007, 11:12 PM,
Hey All, here's the latest on the Tall Pine store and diving at Lake Ore-Be-Gone.

As Rick has already mentioned, Superior Scuba Center has taken over the store and we are moving to Gilbert.  A purchase agreement has been made for the new facility in Gilbert and we hope we'll be closing within the next week or two.

For those of you who have had the chance to dive Ore-Be-Gone you know that Rick, Dave & Al have done a lot to promote diving in that area.  It's our goal to keep up the good work and make it even easier to dive the area mine pits.  The new store will be located about four blocks form the Mine and within a few short miles of many other great diving locations.

We will keep everyone posted on how things are progressing and hope to have the doors open by May 1st.  Rick and the boys at Tall Pines have all expressed interest in keeping a hand in the shop and we look forward to continuing the great work they've done over the years.

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to give me a call at the store in Duluth at (218) 722-9500.  We look forward to a summer of great diving and hope you'll join us!

Good Diving!
Jay
03-29-2007, 07:25 PM,
Congratulations Jay on the new venture.  We'll get up there sometime this summer.
Captain Brian<br />www.mn-blackdogdiving.com
05-13-2007, 07:38 PM,
Is this shop open?  I might be heading up to dive those pits later this week, and would like to know if I need to bring all my breathing gas, or if I can get fills up there.  - Kirk 
05-16-2007, 08:30 PM,
Sorry to bump my post, but does anyone know if this shop is open?

And if they do fills?  Air, O2, Helium, and/or Argon?  - Kirk
05-17-2007, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2007, 06:17 AM by LKunze.)
Kirk, below is the info from the diveshops page.  Open by appointment only right now.  I know in the past they have only had air fills.  No O2, nitrox or helium.  I'm sure that has not changed.  If you are going deep BYOG.  Wink

Tall Pine Divers
Virginia, MN 55792
218-749-1561 or 218-290-6489
Open by appointment only.