Remember me
Lost Password Register

with this miserable weather
10-31-2002, 11:13 AM,
with this miserable weather
Because of too many 20 deg. days lately I have officially begun my winter pool training. BUT, I REFUSE TO WRITE OFF THE LAKE DIVING JUST YET!!! I'm hoping for a warm November, alas though, I've already seen ice forming on some of the moving water around here. NOT GOOD!! Anyone interested in doing some freediving next summer should consider finding a pool too.

Blasted ice! :-\

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
10-31-2002, 12:15 PM,
Re:with this miserable weather
I agree fully!!! Without giving too much away, where do you get pool access???
Appt complex etc...
Or do you actually use time at a public facility etc....

I am trying to get a weekend dive trip set up for Key Largo in December.
Reefs , Spiegel grove and a couple other recks....
That might hold me for a while!!!!

Thanks...Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
10-31-2002, 01:28 PM,
Hello Jean,
I'd like to be able to say I gotta pool in the east wing... Smile

but I drive over to Mayville State University.. it's $1.50 per hour of lap swim and I usually have the pool to myself. I just got back from there, and again, had the pool to myself. There always is a life guard on duty. Fortunately, they're open to the public for lap swim mon-fri from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Too bad they quit the 6:00-7:00 evening lap hour. Otherwise -sometimes if I'm going to Grand Forks the Y is $6.00 for a day pass.The Y at Fargo, $12.00 for a day pass, I only went there once....at $12.00 I'll pass.

Winter trips sound good already.. We leave for the Riviera Maya next week.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
11-01-2002, 12:22 PM,
I was born and raised in Fargo, and used that Y pool many times...I did not really like it all that well.
I agree , $12 dollars for a day is quite steep...
I know the suburbs down here have public swimming pools open all year round...For us, that is the best bet!!!

Thanks...Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH