Remember me
Lost Password Register

Charelston Sc, any suggestions?
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM,
Charelston Sc, any suggestions?
I am headed to see some of my wife's family in Charelston in April, anyone ever dive off of the cost there? any suggestions on a dive shop or charter service?  any must see dives?

Thanks

Doug
AOW
02-06-2007, 10:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2007, 01:23 AM by jleech.)
Re: Charelston Sc, any suggestions?
I've never done out of SC, but I've been out a number of times from Morehead City, NC.  The big attraction are wrecks.  Some are artificial reefs, but a good portion of them are wrecks sunk during WWII by U-Boats.  There are Sand Tiger Sharks hanging out a a number of them.  I REALLY enjoy those dives.  They look pretty mean, but are really just pussy cats.  My guess is there are probably some down that way as well.  (wrecks & sand tigers)

Google'ing for dive charters in Charleston probably will yield some results, and the charters will tell you what there is to dive on.

Jeff
Jeff
02-07-2007, 05:40 AM,
Re: Charelston Sc, any suggestions?
I used to live in Charleston.  Diving off of the coast doesn't compare to Morehead City.  The is poor visibility and you don't hit 100' depth until your about 10 miles out.  I suggest you google "black river diving".  Charleston is best known for fossils(shark teeth) in the Cooper River.  There are charters that run trips in the river every weekend.  It is unique diving.