Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cayman Brac, two thumbs up!
02-14-2007, 10:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2007, 01:45 PM by dr mindcrime.)
Cayman Brac, two thumbs up!
Hello fellow scuba people. I just got back from a week on Cayman Brac.. all I can say is it was fantastic and well worth the $ and effort to get there. The diving was absolutely fantastic. My wife and I did 18 dives in 6 days. We dove 3 days with Reef Divers (great people, great service,  very safe run operation) 1 day included a trip to Little Cayman to dive the bloody bay wall, best dives we have ever had truly beautiful reefs. The other days we did shore dives (12 of them). Dove the MV Tibbets destroyer 4x really cool, we would swim out from the shore(easy sheltered ladder cut in the iron shore) on the bottom past Bucaneer reef following the coral in the sand chutes and 15 minutes later the destroyer would loom out of the darkness, awesome! We saw an eagle ray, nurse shark and lots of turtles on every dive among all the other cool pretty fish. We stayed at a house on the beach but the Brac Reef resort was where we spent most of our above water time, the people were great and so was the food, will probably stay there next time.  Did a couple of night dives at Radar Reef which was a very easy entry and a cable runs out from shore so you follow the cable out and then back in and you can't get lost, great for those people nervous about night dives in the big ocean. All I can say is skip Mexico spend a few extra bucks and go to the Caymans. The people are very nice, it is very safe and the dive operators are 2nd to none. We will be going back for sure. I would suggest renting a car so you can shore dive and save a little money. Everything is an easy swim away from shore especially on the bottom where the is little or no current and you are not fighting the surf if there is any. I also took some phenominal pictures, if anyone is planning on going there in the future email me and I can give you some good tips and info.   
good diving everyone!
02-15-2007, 02:47 PM,
Re: Cayman Brac, two thumbs up!
I agree completely!
I've been there 5 times in the past 10 years with groups put together by Superior Expeditions ranging in size from 8 to 30.  It definitely is one of the best places to dive vacation in the Carribean, they have been high in Scuba Diving's readers' choice many times.  We've stayed at Brac Reef and used Reef Divers each time.  I'm love the all-inclusive resort.  Just like the tee shirt, "dive, dive, eat, sleep, dive, eat, sleep,...".    Since they know us well, we usually get a boat to ourselves and hit choice sites all around the island.