Remember me
Lost Password Register

Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10.
11-03-2002, 11:03 AM,
Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10.
OK, OK, so we chickened out of Crosby last weekend because of the cold. Went to Okojobi instead - very nice dives and viz, but water T was 43 and air T only about 40 with a fair breeze. Probably was similar at Crosby.
So....
Mark, Paul, Jean, Jose - anyone else, how about Crosby this coming weekend, Nov 9-10?
Propose meeting at MSD or McD's at 9am, couple/three dives Sat, perhaps Sun am if some want to stay over Sat night.
Brrrrring warm clothes.
Dan
Dan L
11-04-2002, 09:54 AM,
Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10.
Count me in, of course!!!
I will bring fire wood (as much as I can haul in my little car)...
LOTS OF WARM CLOTHES...
And if we can make hot water, I am bringing my hot chocolate!!!
Do we want to call MSD and check on the water temp, or just get un-pleasantly surprised???
Forcast for this weekend says possible 40 degrees in Brainard. Some precip possible...

Thanks...Brrrrrrrrrr Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
11-04-2002, 04:06 PM,
I may be able to join you guys for this on Saturday. If I am able to I would need to see if I could get a ride from one of you from the dive shop out to the dive site as I don't want to take my new car through all the crappy roads and scratching tree branches. I'll confirm if I can make it by Friday. Smile
11-04-2002, 05:21 PM,
I can go Sunday but not Saturday. Those of you who are planning to dive both days, let me know when, where and the time to meet on Sunday. I can meet you at a specific site if you are camping. GP, I can appreciate you not wanting to take a new car out there. I've got a "beater" specificially to take out there. Paul
11-04-2002, 06:58 PM,
Lonnie -
No sweat on the lift from MSD to the site.
Paul -
90% chance of at least one dive Sun am for me. Want to eb heading back to cities by about 2PM.
Hate the thought of camping, but for one night its not bad with a good bag. Nice part - no skeets/ticks/mud.
Any interest in a UW project? Map a pit (eg the beaver dams, etc in Joan)? Sink/install a new underwater wonder-of-the-world? Practice some emergency skills (buddy breathe, etc)?
Cheers,
Dan
Dan L
11-04-2002, 08:01 PM,
Dan,I can get out to meet you as early as you want. I would also like to finish by two. I can bring extra air for you as I have plenty. I think it would be great to map something. We could try the beaver dam to the left of the entry on Joan. I've got plenty of spools. Just let me know when you have made up your mind. Thanks Paul
11-05-2002, 10:10 AM,
I can certainly try to help with any project you guys want to do.
Also, practicing skills is always a good thing...
I am open to *MOST* any U/W activity you guys can think of (except power swimming, of course!!!)

I think I am going to get a room in Brainerd for Saturday night so I can make some dive(s) on Sunday.
(Don't have the right equipment to camp in November)

Latest forcast for Brainerd on Saturday: Change of rain High of 48 (toasty)

Thanks...Jean ;D
11-05-2002, 07:10 PM,
Sounds like the weekend is coming together. Jean, for a low-cost room near the divesites, try the Lakeview Inn in Crosby - 800-546-5924.
Paul, thanks for the air offer. If you have the tanks, that will save refill trips. I'd be happy to refill used tanks at end of weekend.
I plan to camp, but to eat meals in Ironton/Crsby.
Dan
Dan L
11-06-2002, 09:49 AM,
Thanks for the info on lodging. I will check on them...
Latest forcast for Brainerd (from NWS):

Friday. Partly cloudy. Highs 50 to 55.
Saturday. A chance of light rain and snow mixed. Lows in the
mid 30s. Highs 45 to 50.
Sunday. A chance of light rain. Lows 30 to 35. Highs in the mid
40s.

Thanks...Jean ;D
11-06-2002, 06:11 PM,
Dan and Jean, Just let me know when and where you want to meet on Sunday. Anyone else interested?? Paul