Remember me
Lost Password Register

Superior
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM,
Superior
Anyone been on the Maderia in the last week?  How is the vis right now?

Thanks,

Chris
06-04-2007, 04:51 PM,
Re: Superior
I haven't been to the Madeira but I did do a shore dive off Pebble Beach at Split Rock over Memorial Day and viz was 30+ feet.  Water temp was 39F.
06-08-2007, 05:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2007, 05:59 PM by Raysh.)
on memorial day vis was 60+ on madeira and 35 degrees @ 90ft, hesper vis was 40+ and ely 5 feet
We take these risks, not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping us
06-08-2007, 11:08 PM,
Well, went with Shooter today.  The vis was not so great, about 30' and it was COLD.  Espcially since my dry hood ripped from one end to the other and one of my dry gloves wasn't - dry that is....

One dive Maderia, one under the rock piles below Splitrock Lighthouse.  I would say going through those passagways and boulders was pretty cool.

Here is a shot of Shooter from the day.

Attached Files
.jpg   shooter.jpg (Size: 60.72 KB / Downloads: 198)
.jpg_thumb   shooter.jpg_thumb (Size: 24.98 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-09-2007, 10:34 PM,
Hi Chris,
    Wayzee was nice and alot warmer.
                    Seahuntjerry  Big Grin ;D >Big Grin
06-11-2007, 07:17 AM,
It was really nice to sneak away for a day of diving.  We had really good weather,  Moderate visibility.

With my first time diving out of the zodiac.  I was amazed at its performance.  We had all of our dive gear, three steel LP 120s, two HP steel 130's, an aluminum 80, our pony tanks, and all of our dive weights with some extra.  And neither one of us are little guys Wink.  The ride back was pretty rough.  At one point, one of the tank nozzles bumped open and was hissing air Smile.  Chris had a very shocked look on his face :o and ask me if that was his boat making that noise ;D.

I have come to the conclusion that all the diving  in Florida has turned me into a big wussy :o.  I can't believe I used to dive superior in a 543 wetsuit with a hood!  What was I thinking ;D