Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crooked Lake report...
05-18-2007, 08:29 AM,
Crooked Lake report...
I did get in a fun little dive last night!  did about a half hour dive in Crooked Lake, although most of the time involved was just hanging out on the bottom waiting - with a couple surface moments for getting bearings and coordinating the timing.  after the time had elapsed (buddy claims I was late - he said 5 minutes - since  my puter was already on a minute mark and doesn't display seconds, I had to go to the 6th minute to make sure I did 5 didn't I?), I surfaced and came to shore where the boy scout troop and their parents were waiting because nobody had a lighter to start the bonfire - except ME!  pass off the lighter, bonfire gets lit, I get lighter back and head back into the lake.  it was a lot of work for a short dive, but it was pretty neat to be the star!

viz was probably 6-8 feet, temp was 62, saw several big carp.  also found a fold up stool and a balloon (sand filled, but could have started as a water balloon at some point)  might have to plan another dive to do some actual exploring...
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
05-18-2007, 08:40 AM,
Re: Crooked Lake report...
Where is Crooked Lake?
05-18-2007, 02:13 PM,
Re: Crooked Lake report...
north of hwy 10, between 242 and Round Lake Blvd -  Andover, Coon Rapids, Anoka area.  there's a public park access with a fishing peir, but I went in from private spot on SE side.
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!