Remember me
Lost Password Register

Arizona, Phoenix
12-03-2002, 10:25 AM,
Arizona, Phoenix
Anyone ever done any diving in Arizona??? I have to spend a week at training in Phoenix and thought I would see if anyone had suggestions? I plan to fly a day early to do some diving. I figure they don't have ice on the lakes???

I saw a few things about Lake Pleasant on the web but no pics of depth info?? Any info would help......
Chris Bloss
12-03-2002, 10:28 AM,
Re:Arizona, Phoenix
There's not much for diving in Arizona from what I've heard... I believe Lake Pleasant was the only one that was ever mentioned and it didn't sound like a diver paradise, but then again if you're used to diving in Minnesota then it doesn't really matter... and the water will be warmer!

Here are some comments people have had:

"I haven't been diving in any of the lakes around here. My friends have and they all report that it sucks. I take my ski boat to Lake Pleasant on a regular basis and I can't imagine diving there. It's scary enough just to waterski in that cesspool. Blech."

"Just finished my AOW cert dives at Lake "Not-so" Pleasant, Arizona. Water temp was 50 degrees, with viz at 5-6 feet. Being a glutton for punishment, I am interested in any info on other Phoenix area diving opportunities...

My instructor and I were speaking with a Sheriff at Lk. Pleasant, who mentioned that Sagauro Lake actually has some "wrecks" (planes, helicopter, etc.). He didn't have any specifics though, so I am searching to see if any of these "wrecks" could be a viable dive objective."