Remember me
Lost Password Register

Day trip Sunday or Monday? (5/27-5/28)
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM,
Day trip Sunday or Monday? (5/27-5/28)
I'm helping with an OW class in the pool on Sat, but would be up for a day trip somewhere on Sun or Mon.  Willing to drive if anyone is interested.  I'm up for any of the pits up north, or Wazee if anyone's interested.

If I don't get any interest for travel, I may head over to Lower Pine for a change of pace.

You can contact me on the board, or PM me.

Jeff
Jeff
05-28-2007, 02:25 PM,
Re: Day trip Sunday or Monday? (5/27-5/28)
Lonnie, Dan G, Steve (ArcFlash) and I had an interesting dive (or 2 by some computers) at Lower Pine Lake in WI this morning.

The vis below 25 ft was pretty poor.  I started losing sight of my camera at 45 ft.

We stopped the dive at 15 min and surface swam back into shallower water.  We then did about 40 more minutes at 15-25 ft.  I took some pictures and posted them in my gallery. 

I'd avoid this lake on holiday weekends, as the boat launch gets pretty crowded. 

Jeff

Attached Files
.jpg   snail 2.jpg (Size: 499.09 KB / Downloads: 124)
.jpg_thumb   snail 2.jpg_thumb (Size: 53.6 KB / Downloads: 0)
Jeff
05-29-2007, 07:46 PM,
Re: Day trip Sunday or Monday? (5/27-5/28)
Hi Jeff.  Sorry you had such bad vis.  I was going to invite you to head up to Crosby with me on Sunday, but I had a pretty tight schedule.  Had plans to have dinner with my Mom, who lives about 30 miles west of St. Cloud.  Thus kind of rushed to get a few dives in.   Vis in Louise was pretty decent, especially on the other side of the lake, away from the access place.  - Kirk