Remember me
Lost Password Register

Madeira (shipwreck)
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2008, 02:55 PM by arcFlash.)
Madeira (shipwreck)
We need to put a better picture on this site. Surely someone has a good picture of the Madeira to replace that sad little clip on Wiki.

If you get me the picture I'll get it on wiki if you want.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
06-24-2008, 09:33 PM,
Re: Madeira (shipwreck)
Here's a decent photo of the Pilot house.  I haven't had a chance to use a real wide angle lens to capture the rear deck area of the Madeira, which is what most people would identify with.

Jeff

Attached Files
.jpg_thumb   P7295244.jpg_thumb (Size: 21.06 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   P7295244.jpg (Size: 369.3 KB / Downloads: 114)
Jeff
07-04-2008, 09:05 AM,
Dove the Madeira yesterday (7/3)  Had good viz (about 30 feet) but it was cold (41 degrees)  perfect dive weather however with light breeze and temps in the seventies.  Also dove the Hesper.

Big Thunder
08-08-2008, 10:02 AM,
I haven't been up to dive the madeira in a few years and was wondering if you still have to stop at Split Rock to get the key for the parking lot?

How has the weather\conditions been for diving the madeira so far this summer?

What date do they take off the buoy that marks the wreck?
ScubaDealsUSA<br />http://www.scubadealsusa.com<br />Email:Info@scubadealsusa.com
08-09-2008, 01:10 PM,
You still have to  stop at the Split Rock gate to show them your C-card and get the code to the madeira gate. They are compiling a list of divers who dive the Madeira.  This may allow for more funding for site improvements and possibly more diver access and support in the future. Make sure you slam the gate quick.  LAst time I was up there a woman asked if I would leave the gate open as she was leaving in a minute. What do you say, right? Sure I'll leave it open. As I was pulling out onto 61 more minivans than I could count barrelled into the lot.  Ooops.
Advanced Trimix, Experimental Russian Rebreather/KISS, A&amp;P Aircraft Mechanic, Private Pilot, All around cool guy, Certified Arborist
08-10-2008, 01:04 PM,
Easy, Lock the gate after them, Say $20 to the troll to let them out! You'll be paid into park stickers for a least 200 years! Smile Or you could always give it to the park and say the nice people left it at the gate and wanted me to give it to the scuba fund.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
08-25-2009, 12:01 PM,
Anyone have a report on Madeira temps?
08-25-2009, 02:16 PM,
Cold!  46 I was told this last weekend.
08-25-2009, 03:50 PM,
Lonnie and I'll be up there this weekend. I'm expecting temps in the 50's at the surface based on previous dives this time of year.  Also that is what current surface temps are reading in that region:

The temps in specific areas can vary significantly depending on wind and current.  I remember dives the same day on the Madeira in the 60's and the Hesper in the 40's.
--Jason
09-20-2009, 10:44 PM,
Just got back from a weekend up diving the N. Shore/Madeira.  Unfortunately due to an ear infection I wasn't able to dive, but did get to see Mr Pitbull in his new Flaming DUI suit.  Quite nice!  Ozzie was able to get some pictures of him in it.

We were also buzzed by about 50 planes on Sat as they headed up the N  Shore while we were tied off at the Madeira.

Attached Files
.jpg_thumb   Flaming Daren.jpg_thumb (Size: 21.8 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Flaming Daren.jpg (Size: 537.88 KB / Downloads: 85)
.jpg   Flaming Daren 2.jpg (Size: 315.08 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   Flaming Darn in a porthole.jpg (Size: 646.61 KB / Downloads: 106)
.jpg   Split Rock Planes.jpg (Size: 319.08 KB / Downloads: 77)
.jpg   Flaming Daren.jpg (Size: 537.88 KB / Downloads: 85)
.jpg   Flaming Daren 2.jpg (Size: 315.08 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   Flaming Darn in a porthole.jpg (Size: 646.61 KB / Downloads: 106)
.jpg   Split Rock Planes.jpg (Size: 319.08 KB / Downloads: 77)
Jeff