Remember me
Lost Password Register

AquaLungs NEW? equipt isn't NEW
01-14-2007, 11:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2007, 11:53 AM by MAXFACTOR.)
AquaLungs NEW? equipt isn't NEW
As you may know I dive Aqua Lung products which I believe are among the best,   but.... I don't know how they can say this is the first.  Because my old metal DECOR REG's..  which are still fully serviced and uptodate with inspections have always had the Lateral Deflector.  In fact,  my only beef with the cold water regs.   that I have from Aqua Lung, is  they are  LOUD... 

WITH MY OLD DECOR, I NEVER HEARD THE BUBBLES AS THEY SLIPPED PAST THE OUTER AREA OF THE EAR. 

ALSO... isn't it funny that I remember reading some of the original nomenclature about streamlining the mouth piece so it wasn't so bulky, yet this is exactly what they went back to.  I guess my old DECOR REG.s were right on in the first place. 

Ok,  well I tried to paste the picture but I couldn't...  maybe one of the Admin's can.   

this is from AQUA LUNG'S RECENT EMAIL TO CUSTOMERS AND DIVE SHOPS
Aqua Lung's King of Titans: Kronos is First Regulator with Lateral Deflector and Combined Adjuster
Regulator deflects bubbles to the side; improves visibility and versatility

MAXFACTOR
01-14-2007, 12:02 PM,
Re: AquaLungs NEW? equipt isn't NEW
How about a link.  Wink

01-17-2007, 09:19 AM,
I believe the add is the fact that they have both the deflecter AND adjuster on this model.
rember it also gets your whites whiter and slices a tomato paper thin  ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
01-17-2007, 09:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2007, 09:51 AM by NorthlandDivers.)
What is new is that both are on the same lever rather than having 2 different levers.
This Quoote is from Aqua-lungs web page
"In addition, fine-tuning is simplified by combining the venturi control with the breathing resistance knob into one Dual Cam controller."
01-17-2007, 09:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2007, 09:57 AM by MAXFACTOR.)
Northland,  Yes, I agree with you,   and YES,  you'll probably be able to sell me one real soon as my other 2 enviromental sealed cold water reg's are nearing the 2 year mark, however,  I was just merely pointing out that the lateral venting, is not new,  .... yes,  I know AquaLung is the first to combine the 2 features in one unit.   next question,  how much, or should I call.

max
12-14-2007, 10:57 AM,
It would be intersting to test a Kronos on the bench, see what a single exhale port is like for effort.  Smile

everyone wants the bubbles to go behind them.  Get a Mentor or Mistral and then get the mistral tuned up cause out of the box they seem to "suck" I use a 160 on the IP, and while its good, it doesnt hold a candle to my pheonix ;D