Remember me
Lost Password Register

SCUBA in Lac Lavon
07-16-2007, 04:10 PM,
SCUBA in Lac Lavon
I spoke to the "Parks and Recreation" department in Apple Valley and Dakota County today about clarification on SCUBA diving in Lake Lac Lavon. There are no statutes or ordinances that state no SCUBA. The sign that says no swimming or diving refers to jumping off the dock head first. They do not have a problem with SCUBA diving.

However, with that said, if you dive there, they ask that you are respectful of the neighbors in the area, i.e. low noise, clean up trash, etc... Basically they just want us to  enjoy it without encroaching on the residents in any way. Otherwise, Dive, Dive, Dive!!

Visibility was about 10 - 12 ft until you reach a depth of 16 ft then the viz and temp drop drastically. There is a training platform on the west side of the lake about 2/3's across from the entry point at about ten o'clock and sits at a depth of about 15 ft.
07-20-2007, 11:56 AM,
Re: SCUBA in Lac Lavon
two words bro,

BEEF CAKE!!!

Time to go and shoot more video of that northern!!!
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.