Remember me
Lost Password Register

Seals
09-12-2007, 06:58 PM,
Seals
Is there any shop, other than the guy in Brainerd, who replaces neck seals? He does a fabulous job but I need a new neck seal for an upcoming trip in october. I have a Gates/Hunter and unlike DUI they don't do simple repairs. Would DUI do my suit? Thanks Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
09-12-2007, 08:53 PM,
Re: Seals
The guy in Brainerd of course is good, but yeah, sometimes he can take a rather long time to get to your suit. 

Contact Scuba Dive and Travel in South Minneapolis.  A few months ago I spoke with the owner who said they will be offering dry suit seal replacement service.  I’m not sure of the turn around or the cost or the quality of their work (or frankly if they are actually offering the service).

Steve Gamble is good, quick, and cheap.  The problem is he’s in North Florida so you have to factor in the shipping time there and back.  I’ve always gotten next day service when I’ve showed up at his shop (though it was pretty clear I wasn’t in town antiquing or there for the big game… go gators…).  For a guy who dives a wetsuit (or did until he got bent pretty bad), he does great dry suit repair.  If you contact him, call him, for he doesn’t always respond to emails.  - Kirk 
09-13-2007, 04:08 AM,
What about Dry Suits Plus near Milwaukee, they say they can turn around simple repairs in 7 days.  Plus they sell  Gates/Hunter dry suits so they should have no problem with yours.
09-13-2007, 04:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2007, 04:18 AM by LKunze.)
Air Down There SCUBA in Little Canada does neck seal replacement and they have a pretty quick turnaround time.  They do good work.  I've had them replace both neck and wrist seals for me over the past few years.
09-15-2007, 11:17 AM,
Thanks for all the help. It is nice to hear all the options available. DUI sent me a mail saying they do any suit also. The dry suit plus place also answered me. Although I made a mistake with the details of my neck measurements. The last neck seal was very heavy duty but was too loose from the start. I never trimmed it. And no, I don't have a pencil neck! I told the guy my neck is 13 inches WIDE. He answered back.. Yes I have a seal that will fit your neck! I bet he's thinking Whoa! Thanks again, Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers