Remember me
Lost Password Register

Leak
07-16-2007, 05:40 PM,
Leak
Drysuit leak.

Crotchal area.

Anyone have any ideas?  I tried Aquaseal in several different places...three seams come together at the crotch, and that's exactly where the leak is. 

The repair Superior Dive Center in Brainerd did looked like a very liquid puddle over six inches of a leg seam. 

I wonder if a guy warms the Aqua Seal up in very hot water, to really "liquify" it, would do the trick.  Or, heat up the neoprene with a hair dryer, apply the Aqua Seal, and let it puddle, and then dry. 

Can't dive Supeior yet w/o a drysuit!

07-16-2007, 09:18 PM,
Re: Leak

Ya big baby...yes you can!    Big Grin
07-16-2007, 09:38 PM,
Hey Bill-
WHat kind of suit and have you pin pointed the location yet?  I have never had a problem with aqua seal..Iused to use it on my first Trilam suit.  It,as well as a friends was covered in the stuff..inside and out..never a problem...keep in mind..where there are seams, there is the ability for the hole to leak but the bubbles to travel up the seam and look like they are coming from a  different location...
Deano
Oops Did I really say that?????
07-17-2007, 05:46 AM,
I have a neoprene drysuit.

Blew up the drysuit, and dribbled soapy water at the apex of the three seams that come together at the crotch.  My girlfriend got a couple of crazy pics of me being very intent, looking for bubbles with a flashlight!

By accident, I dribbled water on a seam just above, and lo and behold, I found the leak...looks like it's coming out of a stitch.  I'll aqua seal that area tonight.
07-17-2007, 09:07 AM,
dont be shy with the aqua seal..i am sure you'll figure it out
Oops Did I really say that?????
07-17-2007, 03:14 PM,
Give the AquaSeal a try. Don't mix in the Cotol (if you even have any). The repair will dry quicker, but will also be more brittle. Neoprene drysuits (foam or crushed) are fairly forgiving when it comes to repairs. If you can't get it on your own I've had nothing but good experiences with Superior Dive Repair.
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being." - Johann W. von Goethe
07-17-2007, 03:59 PM,
I've had Superior Dive Repair fix one leak already...they did a great job.  They used some kind of stuff on the inside, like a liquid, that puddled, over the area patched.  Wish I knew what that stuff was...I'd do ALL my seams with it.  It's real pliable, and fairly clear.