Remember me
Lost Password Register

I-35W
08-01-2007, 06:53 PM,
I-35W
For those that may respond to the collapse of I-35W...be safe.

Saw some video on the news and there were vehicles in the water, and of course the road.  Hopefully all those that ended up in the water were able to get out on their own, and it would only be vehicle recovery.
08-01-2007, 07:01 PM,
Re: I-35W
hope all the mnscuba members and families, friends, are alright.  I checked on the kids and relatives and relieved to find that everyone from here is fine.  crazy!
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-01-2007, 07:45 PM,
Hope all the PSD's are safe during the event.  And all the salvage/comercial divers needed will be unharmed.  Good luck in the effort.
08-01-2007, 08:03 PM,
To Grumpie and your teams, be safe, be strong, may all go home at night to their families.  My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight, and every time you answer the call to make another dive. 
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
08-01-2007, 08:44 PM,
What they said!  Stay safe and thanks for your dangerous and usually unpleasant work! 
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
08-01-2007, 11:29 PM,
I PRAY ALL OF MY MN-SCUBA BUDDIES ARE SAFE AND SOUND !!!
I've Been saying LOTS OF PRAYERS for all of you this evening!

I kept watching the video on CNN and remembered that I used to take I-35W north from Eden Prairie on WEDNESDAY nights to 36 and then to Square Lake !!!

And this happened on a WEDNESDAY !!!
(Sent chills up and down my spine)

Again , I hope all MN-SCUBAers are OK !!!

Take care!
My prayers are with you all.

Jean
Fort White , Florida
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-02-2007, 08:22 AM,
My parents called me this eavening around 8pm...at this time i knew nothing of this terrible event.....They had been traveling home in their motor coach...playing road tag with a very distinguishable semi for roughly 200 miles....They were  planning to run through mpls on I35 right at rush hours time but because of construction traffic, my dad decided to jump off on hwy 100( i believe) and avoid the traffic mess.....when he arrived home he found out about the collapse and began to get rather upset when he saw the truck he was running with on fire and lying next to the school bus on the bridge.  I am very fortunate and greateful that my family was not directly affected by this...and am so sorry for those families that were.  I dont think we will ever understand why things like this happen in life...I see no good reason for disasterous death and pain.......My thoughts go out to those that are directly affected as well as those public safety folks...crews..helpers..divers...firemen..police...and any other individual that finds it within their duty to assist in the recovery and clean up of this site.....please be safe..and thank you for what you do...

deano
Oops Did I really say that?????
08-02-2007, 02:07 PM,
We had two people from the office that made "little" choices on the way home last night.  One was on the ramp that splits to either 35W north or 94 east and opted for 94.  The other decided to take 280 instead of 35W on the way home.  Both of them can go either route to get home -- neither knows why they took the "safe path" yesterday...  sometimes it's good to listen to your inner voice.

(from the "things that you go 'hmmm'" file...)
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
08-02-2007, 03:15 PM,
I-35W...Planting a Seed
I was on 35W last night
and took the last exit before the bridge.
I was on Hennepin avenue minutes later when it went down. What struck me odd was the silence and how empty the highways were heading back up to Champlin, 3 hours later. I got little sleep last night because of this.
Call it pre-conditioning but when someone said it had collapsed and everyone has gone into the water, My mind instantly thought of our rescue divers on this board and the tasks ahead of them for the next several days... perhaps even weeks.
My prayers go out not only to the lost lives & families but to all who are giving it everything thing they've got to show the world what we are made of.
Safe travels and safe dives to all of you.

I raised two thousand five hundred dollars this afternoon at my office and sent it straight down to the relief efforts at the bridge.
We as Minnesota Divers should unite and do the same. Some way, some how!
Diving skills will become a critical attribute as well as focus now to our entire community over the next several days.
We should show this community what we can do above the water,
and not just below.

Michelle
08-03-2007, 09:34 AM,
I am with Michelle on this one. The eyes of the community are on the divers recovering lost family members. I am in a Graduate program at the University of Saint Thomas and it meets once a month. I introduced the idea to my cohort and it was received well. I can't do much but SCUBA Daddy's is going to participate to the cause. I nominate Michelle to head up the fund raising. Please send your ideas of how to generate funds for this cause. Whether it is standing on a corner or selling dough nuts and donating the proceeds we should get together and do it! It is a wonderful opportunity for us to do something for our lost neighbors.