Remember me
Lost Password Register

Any Good Lakes to Dive Near Marshall, MN?
08-03-2007, 03:51 PM,
Any Good Lakes to Dive Near Marshall, MN?
I have a friend that will be visiting Marshall , MN and would like to do some diving while in Marshall.  Does anyone know of any good lakes to dive in the area?  Or better yet, what's the closes lake worth diving near Marshall?
08-03-2007, 05:37 PM,
Re: Any Good Lakes to Dive Near Marshall, MN?
Hi Larry, I'm originally from down there and unfortunately there is nothing worth diving down there.  Everything is REALLY shallow...like 10 feet or less and the viz is 0 to 1 foot.  The only thing you could try would be Brawner near Camden State Park.  Not sure it would be worth hauling the gear down for though. Check out this past thread for more discussion. Wink
08-03-2007, 08:49 PM,
Go South...Try West Lake Okoboji in Iowa.  It was reviewed in USA Dive Destination in Dive Training Magazine "www.dtmag.com" in the July issue. 

You can also call the Iowa Great Lakes Maritime Museum at (712) 332-5264.  Check out the 1935 Ford ice delivery truck that sunk through the ice!

It is located 15 miles south of I-90 from exit 64, east of Worthington, MN.

Best Wishes and happy diving!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
08-04-2007, 04:55 AM,
Okoboji is decent but it's over 2 hours away from Marshall.
08-26-2007, 03:09 PM,
Let's face it, there is not really anything worth diving in the Marshall area. I have taught 4 Open Water Classes in Marshall over the past few years and I have those students drive to St. Cloud to complete their check-out dives.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201