Remember me
Lost Password Register

Regulator Service
12-27-2002, 07:17 AM,
Regulator Service
I need to get my regs serviced. Do any of you have any recommendations? Thanks Paul
12-27-2002, 08:40 AM,
Re:Regulator Service
Paul,

What brand regulator(s) do you have? Asking to get it serviced locally? Each LDS has different manufacturers that they are authorized to service. (Some can do many different brands, but they only carry parts and the latest technical news for those they carry and sell.) - This is important for issues like the recent posting of the Oceanic recall that could cause leakage and create drownings. Non-authorized service-centers wouldn't have the replacement parts. I've seen that the hard way.

Some LDS also don't do a full service, they do a "check-up", but that's a waste of money in my opinion. The LDS I bring my regs to tries to make sure the reg comes back as good, if not better, than when it was new. They even provided me free upgrades. But it depends on the brand.
12-27-2002, 09:56 AM,
Ccuda, thanks for your reply. My regs are Apex. I live in St. Cloud but can take them anywhere. Thanks
12-27-2002, 10:01 AM,
Paul,

I'd suggest taking/sending your regs to either UW Schools in the Long Lake area, Going Under, or MN School of Diving in Brainerd. I think they are all Apeks dealers, Apex is the same as USDivers, AquaLung, and SeaQuest now. Though you may want to email or phone them before you head out.

Hope this helps.
01-23-2003, 08:30 AM,
Just another option for Apeks: Northland Divers in Maplewood. At least two of the technicians there are very experienced with Apeks and do top notch work. You may want to call first to make sure the service kits are in stock.
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being." - Johann W. von Goethe