Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving with Sharks
09-08-2002, 10:19 AM,
Diving with Sharks
Anyone interested in a winter dive with sharks? the cost is approx $175pp and a max of 4 divers. The event is held on a Wednesday and Sunday at the MOA.
Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
09-08-2002, 11:46 AM,
Re:Diving with Sharks
I'd like to dive with sharks Mark - but can't you take us to Australia or somewhere else warm in the winter? Do they allow freedivers at the MOA? I would imagine they're talking a 1 tank dive huh? Would be fun. But the $$ are going to be tough. Maybe if my ship comes in and it's not another Titanic. Smile

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-08-2002, 01:19 PM,
Yep, count me in... I believe it's a one tank dive in each tank. From what I hear, you really want to wash your gear off afterwards (and yourself).
09-08-2002, 01:32 PM,
Fred,
I am looking into a dive with THE Shark, the Great White in South Africa, but that is going to be a few years yet. It will be in a cage though.
I will let you know when I have more information.
The dive at MOA is in two different tanks and when you dive with the sharks you are protected by other divers ( I believe anyway) and they have just been fed.
I know the price is a little high but I think worth it for the experiance. The dive is limited to 4 divers per day and I will let you have more information as I recieve it.
Mark
09-08-2002, 02:14 PM,
If you would like to dive with sharks for about 4 to 6 days with as many as a dozen or two in the warm waters of the Bahamas join me the week of Feb 1st to the 7th. This includes lodging on a 65ft. sail boat, three meals a day snacks, bevages and 4 tank dive for 4 days 3 tank dive for one day cost $879.00 plus air to Miami be one of the 1st 6 and get $100.00 off. That figures out to $41.00 to $46.26 per dive and you will beable to interact with the creatures a lot more.
09-09-2002, 12:12 PM,
I have always wanted to do this one...
If the date(s) work out, I would like to try the MOA...
In the winter, I think anything would be great!!!!

Thanks...Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
09-14-2002, 02:18 AM,
Count me in, what dates are you looking at?
09-14-2002, 08:26 AM,
I am looking at december for the shark dive (early christmas present) we can dive on a Wednesday afternoon 5-9PM or on a Sunday 1-9 pm.
I think that they only allow 4 divers at a time, so far I have 6 So I am setting up two dates.
The cost is $175.00 each payable in advance Sad
I am working on a discount if I can get 8 or more (two or three sessions).
You will recive refresments and a light snack and a complimentary T-shirt (Expensive clothing LOL)
As this is going to cost money payable up front can those that are interested email me directly at MNDiving@digitalriver.org
Thanks
Mark
11-29-2002, 04:52 PM,
I'm game let me know when and where i'll be there
tony