Remember me
Lost Password Register

Monthly pool session
12-31-2002, 08:51 AM,
Re:Monthly pool session
It shouldn't be too hard to make some hoops for a course to go through, I will volunteer to make some for the cause. Hula hoops, flexible hose from Home Depot, belt weights and the handyman's secret weapon duct tape and we should be in business.

Maybe we could find two locations North and South and alternate (Although not Rochester south ;D)
Leon
12-31-2002, 08:54 AM,
This brings back the idea of an indoor SCUBA DOME! If I had the funds, I'd do it... That would be so cool. Make it like 75 feet deep, fake wrecks, marine life... and nice warm water! Then have a nice dunk tank to wash your gear afterwards. I can't imagine something like that not going over well... people would come from all around to dive it! (If it was done right, and the price wasn't outrageous.)
12-31-2002, 09:37 AM,
I've already marked Jan 11th on my calendar. 1-2 sessions/month would be great. I've only been to two dive shops - Smith/Blaine & Scuba Center/Maplewood. Where are the pools you are suggesting? It really doesn't matter - I'll be there anyways. I'll need a tank as well...so I'll get that from the center we're diving at. Thanks all! Sue
12-31-2002, 10:05 AM,
The one pool (GDUC) is in Osseo on County Road 81. They are a very good shop. (I use them for air etc).
I have to call Smith Diving since they told me once where another pool in the western suberbs rents time etc...

Happy New Year!!!
Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-01-2003, 09:11 AM,
I also sent an e-mail off the Smith Diving asking if they want to be involved. Or have any ideas. Smith does use a pool in the Chippewa middle school a little ways north of 694 on Rice St.

The Centennial High School has a pool where they teach board diving so I would guess it is 12 ft deep. I don't know if it can be rented. I will find out.
Leon
01-01-2003, 09:49 AM,
Hi, it's Sue in Stillwater (stcroixangel). I've taken the Smith refresher course at a school in New Brighton that has a dive area, seemed to be about 12 feet or so deep - that worked well. I can't wait to get back in the water!

OH, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
01-01-2003, 11:18 AM,
Scuba Daddy's is checking the availability of the pool at Valley Middle school Sat 1/11 with Apple Valley. Bill from SD's will confirm by early next week.
Many alternatives are being discussed in these posts. Do we still have enough people and interest in the Apple Valley 1/11 option to commit to a $150 use fee?
I was thinking 6-8 divers would be a rough minimum.
Happy New Year!!!!
Dan
Dan L
01-01-2003, 12:20 PM,
You can count me in for the 11th.

I'm also still up for other options on different dates but the 11th will be a great start...
Chris Bloss
01-01-2003, 02:25 PM,
Dan, If it's for the entire day, I will drive in from St. Cloud and probalbly bring one of my sons with me. You can count me in for 2 spots. Paul
01-01-2003, 04:12 PM,
I was wondering about the time frame for 1/11.
I saw Dan's post proposing 9 to 3 but wasn't sure if that's
definite. This sounds like fun but I work :'( the second Sat. of the month. Don't suppose the first weekend of the month
would work better?