Remember me
Lost Password Register

What's happened
09-30-2007, 06:36 AM,
What's happened
Is it just me or has everyone else noticed the board really slowed down over the last year or so? I haven't been here long enough to see trend over cycle but it looks like something is happening.  First I thought it was just spring and it would ramp up. Then I thought summer, everyone is busy. Now it's fall and it's still slow. I guess we're all caulking, painting, and covering up for winter...

In the last 10 posts; start on the 25, none on the 26, then 2 each for 27,28, ending with a run of 5 on the 29th.

Anyone have 2 minutes to post their 2 cents?
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
09-30-2007, 08:00 AM,
Re: What's happened
Hey arcFlash, here's something interesting if you haven't already looked at it.. a very long list of board statistics.. I've never looked at this until your post got me looking.

just a quick glance seems to show that typically sept. oct. are slower months on number of posts.. not all the time, just typically.  New members are still growing at almost 1 per day.  We need those new members to speak up.. but alas, I think there is such a vast amount of great information here that if they came looking and did a search, there's a good chance their questions are answered without having to post.

Nice to see Freediving/Snorkeling in the top 10 boards! Smile
'Cmon you new members... speak up, at least introduce yourself.  Maybe by filling in the member profile they've done just that.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-30-2007, 06:54 PM,
I had to get a part-time job to help pay for my dive gear bills! :Smile ;D  So I probably won't be online as much as I used to!  But, alas, I too have noticed that some frequent fliers have not spent as much time online as they used to! 
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM,
I have a very busy summer and will have a very busy winter
grumpie........
10-02-2007, 08:49 AM,
Maybe people are losing intrust in scuba diving. The kids today now sit in front of the TV playing vidio games. Also the visabilty in the lakes around here are not as good as they used to be.
10-02-2007, 02:06 PM,
I've personally only been in the water once this summer.  That's hard for me to accept.  It has just been a crazy year for me getting married, selling two homes, moving into a new home, and traveling to europe.  Diving just took a back seat.  I also know some other divers that haven't been in the water this year as much as previous years.  I've heard more than one person blame gas prices.  The viz at Wazee isn't as good as it used to be.  Dive access up at Crosby is more controlled.  I haven't talked to many dive shop owners to hear what sales have been like.  The stock market has been pretty good so I would expect sales and travel to be good as well.  In terms of the board our traffic always ebbs and flows.  Some of the more colorful characters haven't been around lately.  But most of the regulars are still here.  Some of us are just really busy. Wink 
--Jason
10-02-2007, 05:51 PM,
You didn't slip in a dive trip while you were in Europe?? :o  But why not?  Oh, the new wife said NO!! 

There may still be a few good weekends left!  Last year 25 dives!  This year (so far) 8 dives! Sad  But it hasn't iced over yet....And the way it keeps raining, I want to keep the dive gear handy in case of emergency! :Smile
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
10-02-2007, 09:10 PM,
I don't know about you guys,  but I have spent my time diving.  Not online.