Remember me
Lost Password Register

coffee club.
08-22-2008, 04:27 PM,
Re: coffee club.
I second the Motion Wink
08-22-2008, 06:01 PM,
Yeah, the Osseo Perkins Location is in a construction zone now  :Smile  It may mean a longer drive for me but I'm game for a new spot for a get-together!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
08-22-2008, 07:15 PM,
How about the perkins on 50th and hwy 100?
08-29-2008, 07:11 AM,
thats close to me, id come if its fri-sun evenings... id love to come even though ive got a feeling im the new guy in a group that knows each other for a long ass time.
stephen.

ps. other locations might be compromise for souther folks and you north siderrs.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
08-29-2008, 08:14 AM,
I could do the 50th & 100 location pretty much anytime too (it's probably a little closer to me than the Osseo one)

Don't feel bad about being the new banana in the bunch - we really don't know each other that well - we just like to hang out once in a while!  ;D  it's a love of diving that is the common denominator. (even if some of us have been talking and dreaming about diving more than we've actually been doing lately!)

Jon
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
08-29-2008, 02:01 PM,

yup, this arm chair cyber diving has got to come to an end!
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-30-2008, 02:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2008, 09:17 AM by tullibee.)
Hey Grumpie - next coffee club let's compare notes about the excitement at the Leamington Ramp on Friday...  check the grapevine on your end (Lt Heimerl might be one source!) and you can fill me in on the over-reaction to the scuba tanks and spud gun that were in the back of my truck!!!   ;D  my friends have all had a pretty good laugh about it!

edited to add the scenario description:

I guess I made a Nat'l Guard nervous - I had gas cylinders (scuba tanks) and something made out of PVC and wires and a switch - and get this - the positions of the switch were labeled with "safe" and "boom"...(pneumatic spud-gun)  and I had driven past open spots and parked at the far side of the ramp from the elevators (I've parked in that same spot for years since it is a wide spot so I don't get door dings and it's easy to remember where you park if you take the same spot every day!)  It is interesting when you walk by a couple cops at a desk on the sidewalk, smile and nod, take a couple more steps and one of them says "excuse me sir, can I talk to you... are you Jon?" (I only know personally a couple people involved in law enforcement circles, and he wasn't one of them...)  he's got a print out with my license info and picture and I agree that it is me!  He starts to explain that they had sealed off the ramp and the street so the bomb squad could check out the stuff in my truck and that the FBI will likely want to talk to me, and that he would walk me to my truck so he could talk to the Natl Guard so they would let me leave!!!  We go up and have a nice chat with the three of them and then another officer, who calls another guy (FBI I think - I wasn't too good on getting names).  He'd like to send someone to my home Friday night to follow-up, but I explained I was heading north so they'd have to call my cell phone instead!  When I talked later on my drive, they thought they might do another follow-up call Tuesday too - I hope they do so I can find out to whom I should send a bill for replacing a missing screw and straightening out 3 metal hunks they bent when breaking into my topper!  Wink >Big Grin
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
09-03-2008, 12:38 AM,
wow! that sounds alittle like what happened to me afew weeks ago while fishing. cops come down to the lake shore, shine a bright spot light on me and my boys. he only sees my boys goofing off with rods. he yells out what are you doing? (a couple of times). i stand up, and ask can i help you? he says do you know what time it is. i say yes. its around 3am! he says yes and the park is closed. at which point i say well im fishing. .."well if you were in a boat that would be ok...but your not and the park is closed" . i say"well im fishing, we are not trying to cause trouble, and we are fishing" i sit back down facing the water. and wait 15min while hes watching then i stand up and strech. at which point he leaves. i think he realized the rediculous nature of this situation. as he would have to arrest me and my young boys for what fishing. oh and by the way i actualy was not in the park i was on the lake.....
(minneapolis lake)
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
09-03-2008, 06:29 AM,
Well, just be glad you aren't all in Gitmo enjoying some diving in a waterboard tank while the "war on terror" crew extracts some confessions and the names of the rest of your terror cell members.

It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
09-03-2008, 06:23 PM,
But you have not said what date and time.