Remember me
Lost Password Register

The price of air and gas fills
10-09-2007, 07:50 PM,
The price of air and gas fills
I know this topic has been touched previously, but i wanted to bring it up again since it has been a little while....

What do you feel is a good price for an air fill....a nitrox fill.....or a timix fill......think about it carefully as many of you know..some gasses are not the easiest to get right now in all locations...

also take into account things like.....the price at your local shop as opposed to the price at a facilty where there is nothing within 60 miles or so...what do you pay for the convenince of not having to travel for the fill during a weekend...and also factor in the possibility of having a portable fill station that could be brought to the diver..what is a fair price for that service......

also....touch on the "how to be charged" topic....ie a set of twins getting a trimix fill...by the cf or same price no matter the fill.....also think about the same for nitrox or air fill on a aluminum 80....

what are you all paying right now where you are....

Please be realistic, but be honest

deano
Oops Did I really say that?????
10-09-2007, 08:31 PM,
Re: The price of air and gas fills
I pack all three tanks when I travel.  I have air fill cards at one shop,  and I notice the difference in price when I travel to Wazee  :Smile  Call it a convenience charge, yes, it's more expensive there than here! 

I might think about utilizing a vendor with a portable unit on site if there was a big dive event going on!  ;D  Depending on the additional convenience charge vs. going in to the local shop. 

My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!