Remember me
Lost Password Register

Carl Bradley
11-20-2007, 10:54 PM,
Carl Bradley
A bit of nice press......  Congratulations

11-21-2007, 01:17 PM,
Re: Carl Bradley
Scuba Dive and Travel has invited John Janzen and John Scoles to do an updated presentation on the Bradley.  They will be here on January 17.

Call today to reserve a chair for this incredible story.
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
11-21-2007, 04:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2007, 04:27 PM by john j.)
A lot of detail was cut from the article and unfortunately, the names of others that were integral to this work were not published. I have no control over the writing or editing of any newspaper articles.

The following people were critical to our success.

Alan Williams-underwater videography and assistance with underwater operations. Alan is an amazing diver. I have learned a great deal by just watching him dive and his incredible ability with a camera is self evident. Alan did the same dives as us but without a suit heater, so he's one tuff dude if you ask me.

Greg Such-Charter Captain and surface support/shallow diving support. Greg worked harder than all of us shuttling equipment around, dealing with lines, stage bottles, the boat and getting knocked around by the waves while we were diving.

Doug Bell-Shallow/surface support, shuttling equipment back and fourth. Doug did some heroic diving in high waves and strong current to get the mooring attached to the boat and get equpiment in place on the line for us. John and I were amazed by his perfomance in the rotten conditions we sometimes had and if he hadn't been there, I don't think we could have done it.

Will Phillips-Shallow/surface support, shuttling equipment back and fourth. Will is also a Physician, which was nice to have on board in case we needed him for that. Will really worked hard and was critical to getting the memorial bell in place.

Zach Demorest-Diver from 2006 where bell removal planning and initial work began. Zach is a good friend and a rock solid diver. He is the diver swimming past the Bradley's huge rudder in the 2006 video.

Regardless of what the newspaper says, this was a team effort.
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
11-22-2007, 09:03 AM,
John & Team,

Great planning and execution of dive(s). It's amazing to see how much really goes into a great dive and why so many of us spend so much time practicing and preparing for such dives.

Great team effort! Way to go.

John Preston