Remember me
Lost Password Register

A note to our members
12-02-2007, 12:57 AM,
Re: A note to our members
Thank you Jason and thank you Lonnie.

While this is a Minnesota scuba board, the majority of members seem to be from the Twin City metro area and I've met and dove with many of the same people thru this board. I 've, also, visited most of the shops in the area. This board allowed me to get connected to diving locally. Without it, I would probably still be trying to decide if I should buy gear. I know I dive more because of this forum.

I follow this board more than I care to admit and I know of many of the people who have been offended here or on other websites, as Jason said, this last year. That includes people I have not met personally. As an author, know your audience! Some of the things directed to others I take offense to and I will exercise my right by not associating with the offending party.

I can't imagine what a new person to this forum is thinking. Do I partake in this hostel environment? Well, I can say please do. It's one of the best ways to be an active diver. Insert yourself into this forum, visit dive shops and attend their activities.

Again, thank you Jason and Lonnie for the commitment to keeping this forum as place to learn and communicate what the dive community has to offer.

Dan

Messages In This Thread
A note to our members - by jasondbaker - 12-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Re: A note to our members - by pitdvr - 12-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Re: A note to our members - by Yohanson - 12-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Re: A note to our members - by Dano - 12-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Re: A note to our members - by JoeV - 12-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Re: A note to our members - by DiveCaptDean - 12-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Re: A note to our members - by arcFlash - 12-02-2007, 03:17 PM