Remember me
Lost Password Register

Florida Scuba Website
03-10-2008, 09:19 PM,
Re: Florida Scuba Website
Isnt that the outfit that just lost a diver to a bull shark bite?....of course this was in the Bahamas

and i am implying nothing...
Oops Did I really say that?????
03-10-2008, 10:04 PM,
Re: Florida Scuba Website
Yes it was.  You replied while I was just adding that.  I just checked my email and read what Undercurrent had on it's subscriber online update email. 

It's kind of scary to realize that you are not the top of the food chain anymore, and because of the experience I had on my first shark-dive it made me more respectful of sharks and aware of the role sharks play in the ecosystem and that they are (for the most part) not the monsters the movies and the media lead us to believe. 

Notice I used "for the most part."  Obviously, if you enter the water during a feeding frenzy and there are dangerous animals in the water you might be mistaken for food.  If you harass, punch, and pull on nurse sharks underwater you're in all likelyhood going to be bit as the animal tries to defend itself. (This was rumored to have gone on when I was in FL, but I watched a show on cable TV a few years back about a very similar incident where a father and son were diving and the kid ended up with a small nurse shark attached to his chest where he had to have it surgically removed.)

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that sharks don't do too well in the public relations arena and I think it's beneficial to educate the public (divers and non) about them.

As far as JASC, I was merely stating that I had a great experience with them while diving, and they provide dive boat services in the West Palm Beach neighborhood . 

I believe the boat that charters out to the Bahamas and does the shark dives in the Shear Water, but that boat was not used for diving West Palm, at least when I dove with them.