Remember me
Lost Password Register

Forum service upgrades
12-09-2007, 08:39 PM,
Forum service upgrades
The mnscuba.com SMF forum software was updated to the latest version (1.1.4) this evening. 

We also moved the mnscuba.com website from a shared webhosting platform to a brand new Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosted by VISI.  The VPS will support our computing and storage growth well into the future.

Please let us know if you encounter any issues with the updated forum software.  Thanks!
--Jason
12-10-2007, 08:58 AM,
Re: Forum service upgrades
No flags!  Hard to tell at a glance which forums have new items in them.  NOT a biggie but is an ease of use issue.
12-10-2007, 10:43 AM,
I knew something looked different but I couldn't put my finger on it. Wink  Corrected. thanks JoeV
--Jason
12-10-2007, 06:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2007, 06:36 PM by DiverQueen.)
The Avatar icons are not on the side of the PM's, and the candles don't flicker on the birthday cake of the person having a B-Day!!!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
12-11-2007, 11:02 AM,
I'm getting Javascript errors on the Spell Check load. IE6, W2k

var txt = {"done": "Spell checking complete."};

<ERROR LINE - Null or not an Object> var mispstr = window.opener.document.forms[spell_formname][spell_fieldname].value;

var misps = Array(
);

I also get a cascade error to the page as Not an Object and the text from the parent doesn't load to the popup.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-11-2007, 12:26 PM,
Hi arcFlash, I'm not able to test the spell check using your specific platform environment.  But this feature isn't working properly on IE7 or Firefox 2+ either. 

We are still using a website template that is probably 6 years old.  It looks like I'm going to need to do a complete rebuild of our template.  I upgraded wiscuba.com yesterday and the upgraded forum software didn't like the old template at all.  So I was forced to use the default template to buy me some time.  I'm going to work on upgrading wiscuba first and then use that template to update mnscuba.

I wish I could say that this part of the job was fun!  Wink
--Jason
12-14-2007, 05:45 PM,
I upgraded the forum template to the most recent version.  The updated template is quite a bit different.  Hopefully everyone likes the new look.  Let me know if there are any issues.  We're not done yet.  More changes are on the way...
--Jason