Remember me
Lost Password Register

Black Water Diver
12-12-2007, 01:03 PM,
Black Water Diver
I was talking to a young lady today about diving when she told me her brother was a black water diver. I said OH he dives in toxic water? She said no that is was the type of diving in Min. that he did. I never heard of this before. can someone enlighten me?
12-12-2007, 02:02 PM,
Re: Black Water Diver
gladly Black water diving is diving with no visabilty I have freinds in florda that love doing this they research areas of interest and dive feeling they way around They have found some neat stuff from the civil war and older  On rivers diving the pool at the end of a rapids you can find artifacts form the fur trading days to guns and fishing gear people have lost  Off of Camp Ripley lots of nice stuff was found you can see it on display at the Camp Ripley Musiem
12-12-2007, 03:21 PM,
To expand some.....
Black water diving is usually done by law enforcement and recovery teams..there is an actual course for it....with some agencies...primarily, black water diving is diving in poor environments that will most probably have zero VIZ and a high chance of entanglement..or current..etc..mostly for search and recovery divers...This is not to say that others aren't doing this type of diving as LRRPO2 previously mentioned
Oops Did I really say that?????
12-12-2007, 04:32 PM,
When one thinks of "Black Water Diving" one usually thinks of diving in the Cooper River in Charleston SC for fossils.  The water is not black, it is brown because of tannin.  Visability is usually 2-6 feet.  Look here