Remember me
Lost Password Register

Walleyes in the Crosby Pits
12-15-2007, 07:45 AM,
Walleyes in the Crosby Pits
Has anyone seen walleyes while up diving at the pits in Crosby??
12-15-2007, 08:17 AM,
Re: Walleyes in the Crosby Pits
H Art:
I have lots of dives in the Crosby area. I have only seen 1 walleye and that was in Mahnomin 1 access, It was out to the left just past the platform.
Incidentally I was on a SCR I watched it for a few minutes with no problem. Then When My buddies came back (open circuit) He disappeared. I think they are really skittish with the noise of the bubbles.
Even in Lake Mille lacs I only see them when I am on the SCR.

12-16-2007, 10:07 PM,
wtdrm,  I think I was the one with bubbles.    But I too have only seen 1 wally,  with all the dives up in the crosby area.  I have seen a couple of jerk fish.

Anyway  Merry Christmas to all and MAY GREAT DIVE ADVENTURES BE IN YOR FUTURE.

Maxfactor.
12-17-2007, 06:08 PM,
Joe,
Where was the Walter you saw???

The reason I started this post was a friend of mine "claimed" she saw a walleye up at the Manohnmen access by the platform.  At first I must admit  :Smile  I thought her fish ID might be lacking a bit and she probably saw a sucker.  At this point I know I"M the sucker  Sad and there are indeed walleyes up at the pits.  I got a couple of photos of them this summer  ;D .
Art

P.S.  We NEEEED ta go ice together again  >Big Grin  >Big Grin Next time I'm headin out I'll be sure ta send ya a message.
01-01-2008, 07:27 AM,
Here's a photo of one

Attached Files
.jpg   016 Walleye revised and sized.jpg.jpg (Size: 26.79 KB / Downloads: 62)
01-11-2008, 12:20 PM,
I have seen quite a few walleyes in the pits. Mahnomen 2-3 is where I have seen the bulk of them. In one encounter I saw a nice school of about 8 walleyes, some pretty nice ones in that group as well.
Adam<br /><br />www.AdamJohnsonOutdoors.com