Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Conditions
04-30-2003, 09:25 AM,
Re:Dive Conditions
Not to pile more "nice to haves" requests on you guys but it very cool to feature .jpegs of each lake's topography under the Lake Info section. If it's easy, great. If not then links to solid pages where that info is presented cleanly would be very helpful.
Thank you very much for the great work you do on the site. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated!!

04-30-2003, 09:43 AM,
Gramps, do you know of any good sources for good maps of Minnesota Lakes? The only site I've found is the DNR Lake Finder. The only problem is that a lot of the lake maps really suck. Many are way outdated and are hard to read since they were scanned in and poor quality to begin with. I like the idea though. Just posting a map link would be sufficient I think. We should get more lakes up on the Lake Info page too with pictures.
04-30-2003, 09:49 AM,
I have trouble with the DNR lakesfinder tiff files, but the pdf files work. I have a program I use to convert the pdf file to a jpg for my own reference files.. and that way I can print just a section of the lake if I want. I don't know why the tiff files don't open for me. Here's the link to the dnr lakesfinder

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-01-2003, 12:06 PM,
Quote:
Gramps, do you know of any good sources for good maps of Minnesota Lakes? The only site I've found is the DNR Lake Finder. The only problem is that a lot of the lake maps really suck. Many are way outdated and are hard to read since they were scanned in and poor quality to begin with. I like the idea though. Just posting a map link would be sufficient I think. We should get more lakes up on the Lake Info page too with pictures.

Quote:
Well, I was about respond "here is your solution, all in one stop" but upon closer inspection, turns out this site I wanted to reference is kinda half baked on the number of dive spots featured. Bummer.

Wazee is featured on the site and has a decent contours map...this was my thought for the "nice to have" maps for the mnscuba.com site. Recommendation would be to scan topographical maps of some of the fave regional sites and post jpegs. Gotta couple pages set aside for Superior?