Remember me
Lost Password Register

IceDiveGreen 12-30-2007 1-12-08
01-09-2008, 09:20 PM,
Re: Ice Dive Green Lake 12-30-2007
I'm thinkin earlier is better...  :o  :o

I'd still like ta TRY and get two holes in the same day - - - Ya know we have done it before.  8)  8)

I just put my camera in the housing!!! 
01-10-2008, 07:55 AM,
Re: Ice Dive Green Lake 1-12-08

How about 8 a.m. then?  If we cut the holes smaller, we should be able to manage 2.  I will bring my shelter and heater as well.
01-10-2008, 11:10 AM,
I wish I could go. I own you that spud.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-10-2008, 02:58 PM,
Shooter - 8AM sounds GREAT  ;D

I got off work early today to pack up the stuff.  Ice Diving is SOOOO logistical.  :Smile  :Smile

Weather report sounds perfect  Wink  temps in the teens and partly sunny.

I'm still working on my connection for Martin...but have no new information at this point.

Don't forget yer spud -  - remember mine turned into a pretzel on our last outing.

01-11-2008, 08:16 AM,

;D Are you requesting potatoes to go along with the grouper fillets?  Won't have time for the gourmet meal on the ice..... sounds like sandwiches :Smile

I'm sure I'll probably forget something I will just try to make sure it's not a piece of diving equipment or the ice chopping potato.
01-11-2008, 03:44 PM,
Re: IceDiveGreen 12-30-2007 1-12-08
;D  ;D

I loved the grouper!

But for tomorrow I was kinda thinkin about spendin more time divin and less cooking and eating...I need ta watch my figure ESPECIALLY if we're cuttin smaller holes  :Smile

I'll bring water, fruit, chips (maybe some pretzels in case you forget the spud...) and sandwiches (I'll stop by County Market in St. Francis on the way up)

I'm looking forward to getting some photos of the sunken boat, and maybe even some of the crappies you saw in the engine compartment.

I thought we'd hear from a couple of others on the board who tried ta come last time , but I haven't heard from anyone yet.  ???

See ya tomorrow at the landing 0800 .  We'll dive the sunken Island on the South side and try for multiple dives out of two holes  :o  :o  :o

01-11-2008, 08:56 PM,
Hey guys. I'm planning on being out there tomorrow to watch you dive. I will be there by 8:00 if I can get my 8 yr old ready by then. We won't get in your way and if you don't see me, don't wait, but I am planning on it. I will bring two underwater metal detectors for you to use if you want to. Maybe it will be too much to use them and manipulate the other gear under the ice. The headphones can be heard easily through my 7mm hood and I suppose you wouldn't have that pesky snorkel interfering. Don't forget to skim the top of the island for pottery pieces... John
01-12-2008, 06:39 AM,
Sounds GREAT  ;D  ;D

If ya arrive after we head out we'll be about 2/3 of the way accross the lake to the south from the access.  We'll be in the big half dome like blue poly tarp shelter.
I already sent ya a PM with my cell number. 

Its gonna be a great day under the ice  8)  8)

01-12-2008, 10:27 AM,
I hope you guys are having a good one!  I wanted to join you again, but my friend needed me to stay with her kids this morning while she ran some errands!  And to top that off, I seem to have caught the cold that the three of them have been passing around, so I'm a little stuffed up today -- probably good that I'm not diving I guess -- but I don't have to  like it!!!

I still need to try out the drysuit undies that I picked up at the garage sale this fall...  I'm glad you guys are doing so much ice diving - that should mean I can hook up with you at some point this winter!!!

Can't wait for this week's treasure report and pics!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
01-13-2008, 10:10 AM,
Yesterday was filled with great diving. 

Detector guy and his daughter met us at the landing and spent the day.  They were a BIG help with all of the set up/gear up/line handling/ and teardown.   

Our day started with some mechanical problems with the 4wheeler.  I had remembered the last time we were out and advised against driving a regular vehicle across the lake.  The last time we hit a lot of deep slush about half way across.  Shooter ended up driving the "SCUBARU" out across the lake with the trailer.  I'm sure glad he did  ;D .  The ice conditions all the way across were just fine. 

We set up and only did the one hole.  We were only about 25 feet from the boat.  I managed to get a few photos before my camera battery died  :Smile .    Note to self - I really should start with fresh batteries....

In addition getting some photos of the boat we also managed to pick up a couple more anchors, an ice chisel and some old bottles.

Here are some of the photos
As indicated before the keys were still in the ignition
The boat has an inboard engine
Their were a bunch of fish hanging under the engine

Attached Files
.jpg   0 Keys still in ignition.jpg (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   0 Engine.jpg (Size: 1.13 MB / Downloads: 89)
.jpg   0 Engine.jpg (Size: 1.13 MB / Downloads: 89)
.jpg   0 Fish in the engine compartment.jpg (Size: 670.21 KB / Downloads: 86)