Remember me
Lost Password Register

Belize
01-23-2008, 05:09 PM,
Belize
Any body been there recently, I'm looking for a dive op.
We are going 1 month from now.
01-23-2008, 07:49 PM,
Re: Belize
Call me darling. October 2006, Blue Hole...  ;D been there, dun that...
Call me...aren't you up in Willmar?   BBBbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
01-25-2008, 12:27 PM,
I'm thinking about Belize too.  Maybe one of the live aboards, either Aggressor or Peter Hughes.  If anyone has recommendations or thoughts, I'd love to hear them. 
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM,
Been there three times on peter hughes, last times was on the wave dancer. she turned over and sank three days later and 21 people drown. i would go with them again on the wind dancer this time.
grumpie......
01-27-2008, 09:54 PM,
My family and I went for Christmas week plus a couple of days.  We dove with Seahorse in Placencia and Hamanasi in Hopkins.  We ended up diving pretty close to the same place, pretty much due east from Hopkins.  Were I doing it over again with my family, I'd have done it all from Hopkins for the shorter boat ride.  The divemasters at Hamanasi were good (attentive to our needs and good at locating stuff we'd have missed).  If I were doing it by myself, I'd go with the liveaboard to maximize the diving time.  I toured the Aggressor and it looked well designed and maintained. The disadvantage of the liveaboard is that you will never meet the Garifuna people.