Remember me
Lost Password Register

Playa Del Carmen Dive Shops
02-05-2008, 12:38 PM,
Playa Del Carmen Dive Shops
;D
Just looking for some dive shop recommendations for playa del carmen. Planning on doing a few cenote dives as well as some reef diving.

I have dove with scuba shack in cozumel but this is my first time diving playa.
02-05-2008, 05:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2008, 08:29 AM by tullibee.)
Re: Playa Del Carmen Dive Shops
I used Diablo Divers (Dennis Weeks?) for a day of cenote diving one of the times I was in Coz...  I think I have his card in a findable location at home - I'll try to remember to check when I get home!  Had a great time - did Taj Mahal and Grand Cenote (I think).  Nice guy.  Not sure if he does more than just cenote stuff or not...

You might want to search on the Rodales D2D board for PDC ops.

Jon

edit to add: 

(card wasn't where I thought it was, so I just looked up the web site instead!)
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
02-05-2008, 09:33 PM,
Here's a website for dive ops in PDC. It is the most complete list I have found. Most of these shops are downtown. If your resort/hotel is not within the vicinity, you may want to expand your search. You can also look thru PADI's website for another list. Most dive ops will go to the cenotes, some even seem to prefer them. 
02-09-2008, 09:04 PM,
We just came back from a week in Playa and used Cyan-Ha as our dive op. They were very professional and did a great job for 3 of us. They are located on the beach in front of the Shangra La resort. Shangra La is on 38th st I think.

Have fun!
02-10-2008, 07:13 AM,
This is a list I put together for a friend of  mine:

Did a cave dive here several years back. Lots of cenote divers around. Looks like they have a van and will pick up.
Some good reviews, might be a good choice
Also gets good reviews on the Scubaboard.com
This shop is in Akumal, did a couple of cave dives with them some years back.
I did a cenote dive with this shop in Akumal before I took cave training. I think this was way back in about 1995 or so.
I don't know if the last to links pickup at PDC but I would guess all would if the price is right.
If you did go with either of the last two shops you will be in Akumal. If you have never been there it is really cool. What you thing Mexico was like before all the tourists. Excellent place to eat right next to the last shop in the above list. Can't remember the name right now but right on the beach.