Remember me
Lost Password Register

new underwater camera
01-24-2008, 02:35 PM,
new underwater camera
looking at getting an underwater camera set up looking at sea and sea dx860 or sealife dc600 both have 6 megapixel res. and available external strobs both are about the same cost.
anyone use either of them and can give some advice/pros/cons on them.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
07-07-2008, 09:51 PM,
Re: new underwater camera
Hi, If you haven't bought one of these camaras give me a shout I have a brand new one that I bought with all the bells and whistles and I am selling it out now..July 7th It is the Sea and Sea 860 with strobe both lenses, the wieght for use with out the strobe ,extra batteries and a hard case, also extra gasket rings and deconet paks, and silicone.  If interested email me and I will get in touch with you.
kdowden@charter.net
07-17-2008, 08:38 PM,
Re: new underwater camera
FYI, I heard that Sealife cameras weren't that good in the past. Now they have new management and I guess things are better in their camp. I purchased a Sealife Reefmaster mini 6 months ago. $175 brand new was a steal. now they are $250. I bought an external digital strobe and a wide angle lens. it is a 6 MP and with a 2GB memory card it will take 60 minutes of video (if the two AA batteries will hold up that long under cold water) or it will take 600 still photos with out switching cards. It is undoubtedly the lower end of digital dive cameras as the frame rate on the video is about 1/3 less than the ones you are mentioning. It is plenty good for me. The best thing is that it flooded on me during my second dive and I sent it in to Sealife and they replaced it with no questions asked. (I kinda think that it was my fault that it flooded) As I got ready for this second dive I opened it to switch batteries and there must have been a few grains of sand on the o-ring that I did not see. Now I physically remove the o-ring before every dive and clean it verrrrrry well. They recommend not to use silicone grease on the o-ring as that attracts the sand like glue. Sea & Sea is the Cadillac of cameras but all I can afford is the trusty Chevy...

Thats my 3 cents