Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear
02-28-2003, 02:14 PM,
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear
"2. Having or not having a buddy does not guarentee safety or failure in diving. Accidents can still happen no matter what training, equipment, or gear configuration you have. That is why we call them accidents."

I'm sorry but if you do things correctly and have thought through a multitude of different scenarios, accidents are merely an correctable nuisance during a dive. I don't accept death as a reality in my diving - there's nothing worth dying for UW. This is a view, however, that isn't shared by the vast majority of the tech diving community, who'd rather thrive on their testosterone than to take a close and critical look at their own diving practices.

"3. Diving is supposed to be fun. We need to spend more time nurturing the sharing of information rather than forcing our favorite equipment or diving style on others."

I totally agree.

"4. If you take the time to research (and I mean really research) a topic and then form an opinion it makes you a better diver. Don't just look to one source or one "Expert" for information."

I couldn't have put it any better.

Messages In This Thread
Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by DRE - 02-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by chrisw - 02-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 02-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by JNitrox - 02-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by DRE - 02-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by JNitrox - 03-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 02:12 PM