Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear
03-03-2003, 06:11 PM,
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear
I'll perhaps steer the subject in a little different direction and show another advantage of CCR's. A couple years ago I calculated, just for fun, how much less gear we bring on trips to the Gunilda with CCR's than with OC. There's nowhere up there to get any fills so you have to bring everything with you. For a 4 dive trip, people who bring all OC equipment travel with about 750+ pounds of gear per person and the CCR dudes are bringing about 225 pounds per person. We do one dive each day, afterwhich the CCR folks remove their scrubber chemical and rinse the mouthpiece hoses, then go and relax all afternoon. The OC dudes spend the next several hours transferring gasses, lugging tanks around and rigging their next set of doubles and stage bottles. Oh yeah, the CCR dudes had less deco too. On the last trip I went on, we had to re-arrange the dive order because on the first dive, the CCR dudes had to pass the OC people on the way up the ascent line, even though the CCR dudes got in the water first! The CCR guys had longer bottom times yet less deco.

Just another of the many advantages of CCR's!
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.

Messages In This Thread
Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by DRE - 02-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by chrisw - 02-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 02-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by JNitrox - 02-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by JNitrox - 03-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by john j - 03-03-2003, 06:11 PM