Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Diver, First Trip
02-18-2008, 10:24 AM,
New Diver, First Trip
Since I have been Lurking on this board since summer I thought I would throw a post out. I was certified by A Divers World this summer at Perch in Hudson. Did my AOW up in Crosby in Sept. But the topper, I just got back Sat from Fantasy Island resort in Roatan. Went on a trip with A divers World. About 20 divers total. What an incredible experience. 80 degree water, absolutely incredible vis. And sea life galore. I knew I was in for something special when our first day there with snorkel gear I was watching a couple squid swim around. I got to see Angel fish, drums, squid, barracuda, Eels, octopus, Parrot fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs. I could go on forever. I was hooked on diving before the trip. I'm an addict now for sure. What a rush it was to swim out in about 20 feet of water over a beautiful coral bottom and watch the bottom plummet as you drop over the edge of the wall. As close to flying as you can get without a plane. I have never seen so much color and life. Overall it was a great vacation. My Hat is def off to a divers world. Instruction, sales everything was top notch. They took care of us the whole trip and made sure we all knew what was happening and kept us safe. It feels good to have a bunch of dives that are not all training. 23 dives and counting. Looking forward to having allot more.
  Now this coming weekend is Ice diving. That should be a shock to the system after Roatan. ;D
L8r all
Alan
02-19-2008, 04:28 PM,
Re: New Diver, First Trip
Glad to hear you had a great time and welcome to the forum.  I remember my first ocean dives in Grand Cayman like it was yesterday.  You will have plenty of dive spots to explore in MN & WI this year!
--Jason