Remember me
Lost Password Register

GLSPS
02-20-2008, 10:11 AM,
GLSPS
Will the Pink Barracuda Dive Shop still be having her closing out sale at the GLSPS show on Feb. 23 ?
02-20-2008, 11:46 AM,
Re: GLSPS
THE matter has been discussed by the GLSPS board members, and the shop in question will NOT be having a booth at the Dive into the Past show,  as we regret having to deny anyone access,  it would be undermining the spirt of the show and its vendors.
A communication pertaining to this has been sent to the shop owner.

Please come and enjoy the show festivities this friday and saturday!

thank you,

from the GLSPS board members

02-20-2008, 12:13 PM,
Thanks for answering Frans' question.

I can understand this decision. I'm sure people can contact Pink Barracuda directly to purchase remaining inventory.
--Jason
02-21-2008, 01:24 PM,
"Undermining the spirit of the show and its vendors."

That's a pretty telling statement.  I am glad to have it reinforced that it's all about the money...less we forget!

02-21-2008, 02:11 PM,
The DIP show is the major fund raiser for the non-profit GLSPS.  Ask the folks sponsoring Ghost Ships -- they will have a booth at DIP this Sat -- if they would allow this type of vendor at their show.  I doubt it. I wouldn't expect the GLSPS, the GLSRF or anyone else to accommodate a defunct business at the possible expense of active industry sponsors. Common sense tells me that the GLSPS made the right business decision. 

Now if you really feel badly about the decision you should email cudapink@yahoo.com and buy some of her remaining inventory. 

--Jason
02-21-2008, 10:00 PM,
I'm pretty sure this posting will be pulled shortly, but I would like to set the record straight.  First off, I was not only accepted by the GLSPS to sell my inventory at the show, the check for the booth was cashed and accepted and cleared my bank on Jan 28th, I had a long talk with the GLSPS prior to even signing up for the event and was told by someone who will remain anonymous that if the other shops didn't like what I was doing that's just too bad.  I would still have a booth at the show had I not chosen to post it on this site.  I had a booth at last years event and donated a $500 item for their raffle.  I did the same this year, donated a $500 item for their raffle even though I am no longer in business, am working 2 jobs and need the extra cash to pay bills. When a business decides to close their doors, they have sales.  It's that simple.  The inventory needs to be cleared out and selling items at or below cost is the way it's done.  No one can say otherwise and be telling the truth, and if the shoe was on the other foot, the complaining businesses would do the same.  Have a yearly 50% off sale?  You bet they do and as long as it's them and not someone else profiting from it, that's ok!  This equipment will be sold.  If I still have it when weather permits there will be a huge advertised rummage sale in the twin cities on private property and no one can say a thing about it.  The piddly amount of equipment I have to sell will not affect anyones bottom line, it's that simple.
02-21-2008, 10:24 PM,
Doxie,
    I have your inventory list and your email concerning price.  We are going through the list and will come up with an offer.  Please be patient as we are working on the offer.

Brian Anderson
Captain Brian<br />www.mn-blackdogdiving.com
02-22-2008, 10:41 AM,
Nice friends! I'm not going to the show.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
02-22-2008, 10:54 AM,
Becky, first, nobody is going to pull your post. You have a right to tell your side of the story. Second, as a business owner I feel for you.  I really do.  I was part owner of a business that closed up eight years ago. I know how it feels.  I learned from past mistakes and was able to build another thriving business. You are probably right about other shops wanting the same options if they were in your position.  But the fact is they are not in your position.  They need to compete, fulfill customer needs, and meet shareholders' expectations.  In other words they don't want to join your fate.  As a capitalist and entrepreneur I can't blame them for wanting to keep you out of the marketplace.  As a God fearing person I say what goes around comes around.  When you have arranged your private garage sale please post it on the forum so that members can participate in the savings.   
--Jason
02-22-2008, 12:36 PM,
It looks like the GLSPS is way out of line on this. They better hope Becky isn't talking to her lawyer right now. I guess I'll pass on this show this year.l