Remember me
Lost Password Register

GLSPS Dive into the Past shipwreck & scuba show this fri/sat 22&23rd
02-20-2008, 05:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2008, 05:24 PM by usediver.)
GLSPS Dive into the Past shipwreck & scuba show this fri/sat 22&23rd
The Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society is pleased to announce the ninth annual
Dive Into the Past - the Twin Cites Shipwreck Scuba Show.

The program will take place on Saturday, February 23, 2008 from 9:00 to 6:00, at the:
AmericInn and Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center,
                    ( exit 28c off 35w - on westside of 35w)
                2200 Highway 10, Mounds View, MN

This year’s presenters are:

US Navy Divers 35W Bridge Recovery Effort – Navy Diver 1st Class Glen Milisci and Navy Diver Chief Scarborough or a substitute if they are deployed during the show.

Two Ships Frozen in Time – Two intact shipwrecks found a few miles apart. The 328’ W.H. Gilbert, steamer sunk in1914, and the 163’ H.P. Bridge, barkentine sunk in 1869 – Dave Trotter, Undersea Research Associates.

Icebound, The Ordeal of the S.S. Michigan – Jack VanHeest and Valerie Olson VanHeest, Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates

Coast Guard Cutter Rescues – Rick Mixter chronicles four coast guard cutters, including the Sundew, the Hollyhock, and the Mackinaw

Searching for the L-19 Birddog airplane lost in Green Lake in 1958 – Bill Matthies, Minnesota School of Diving

What’s happening with the GLSPS – Steve Daniel, President of the GLSPS.

Plus:
Antique Diving Exhibit – by Lee Selisky - One of the largest collections of historic commercial diving equipment in the United States

Exhibitors, Raffle, and Silent Auction.

Friday Night at the Movies -
Come and join the pre-show fun. Snacks, drinks, and dive related movies.
The GLSPS is sponsoring a get-together on Friday, February 22nd at 7:30 pm in the AmericInn Hotel.

Refreshments and food available in the Exhibit area - Refreshments will be available throughout the day and a noon lunch will be served in the exhibit area.

Tickets are $15.00 at the door, $12.00 in advance at most local dive shops
and glsps.org , Students $5.00, Under 6 free.

The Dive Into the Past show began in 1999 to showcase scuba diving, shipwreck diving and maritime history in the Great Lakes and local areas, and has expanded over the years to include: salt water diving, cave diving, non-diving marine history, exhibitors, raffle and silent auction.  Each year the program attracts hundreds of scuba diving and maritime enthusiasts.

The Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization established in 1996 to stabilize, restore and help protect the deteriorating shipwrecks of the Great Lakes region.

For more Dive Into the Past Show information or to get tickets visit our website at glsps.org
02-20-2008, 05:33 PM,
Re: GLSPS Dive into the Past shipwreck & scuba show this fri/sat 22&23rd
I wish the date was about 2 or three weeks in the future. It's district hockey tournament time. My kids would kill me if I skipped their games. :'(
02-23-2008, 06:40 PM,
Thanks to everyone who made it out to the GLSPS Dive Into The Past show today.  It was a great show as always and it was nice to meet more of our members that stopped by to see us at the mnscuba booth!
02-23-2008, 08:02 PM,
Thanks to all folks I met and I could talk to. .
It was in deed a great local show with a lot of local divers.

Cheers, Andreas
Andreas
02-23-2008, 08:47 PM,
TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE  I MET IT WAS TRULY A VERY GREAT SHOW. I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.
GRUMPIE AND USA OF LONG LAKE MINN..........