Remember me
Lost Password Register

Funny story about the GLSPS show on 2-23-08
02-23-2008, 06:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2011, 07:49 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Funny story about the GLSPS show on 2-23-08
First I wanted to say thanks to everybody that put together the "Dive into the Past" show. It was good to see people again. I brought Jeff down there to get some motivation for this summers diving. He and his family went to Mexico with us last week. We both had a great time even though we did not win any of the silent auction or raffle prizes. As We were leaving the parking lot of the Mermaid I told Jeff "With our luck we should buckle up" and we did laughing about the $200 bribe in Mexico. We got on 35 heading North and were just getting up to cruising speed and there was the local constable sitting in his squad hiding behind a guardrail in the median. I said "oh sh&#, I wonder how much this is going to cost" and looked down at the speedometer and it said 80 MPH plus or minus. He pulled out behind us and turned on the party lights. I pulled over and he walked up to the truck. He asked for my license and proof of insurance. While I was getting this he asked if I knew how fast I was going and If I knew what the speed limit was. I told him that Jeff and I were just saying that we haven't been down this way for a long time and that I thought the speed limit was 75 MPH. Some where in there I mentioned that we just got back from a Mexico dive trip, and that we felt the need to go to the GLSPS show at the Mermaid. He said that he didn't know about the Dive Into the Past Show but that he just got back from diving in Akumal Mexico. He asked exactly where we went diving while in Mexico. We talked about diving for a minute. I was wearing my lucky AquaLung shirt and we had diving brochures scattered around the front seat of the truck. He told me that we were doing 82 in a 65 zone and He took both our drivers licenses back for a couple minutes. We tried to figure out how much this will cost. He came back to the truck and handed our licenses back and said "OK you two divers try to watch your speed and have a good day" No written warning, No ticket, Nothing...

Moral of the story: It pays to wear your LUCKY dive shirt.  ;D
02-24-2008, 05:16 PM,
Re: Funny story about the GLSPS show on 2-23-08
;D

Yup!  Yet one more reason to be an active diver in Minnesota.
02-24-2008, 06:05 PM,
D'ya suppose he took both your licenses so he can look you up when he wants a dive buddy?? ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
02-24-2008, 07:22 PM,
Wow, that is a great break!  I think I need to get the dive flag on the back of my car... you never know  ;D

I had the same luck in the raffle, but it was money donated to a good cause!

How was the demo diver Queen?
02-25-2008, 06:30 AM,
I have the small "DAN" dive flag on the bottom corner of the drivers window of the truck, but I think Im gonna put a big dive flag on the bumper. I was lucky... but divers are a wholesome bunch, and sometimes the first impression is all it takes to sway someones decision...