Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hey Shooter, they copied your Scubaru
03-04-2008, 03:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2008, 04:07 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Hey Shooter, they copied your Scubaru
Hey Shooter I think someone copied your Scubaru... I bumped into a website today that has this car that looks like a Lotus Elise but it is designed to be driven underwater as well as on the street. It will be shown in two days at the Geneva Automotive Show from March 6th to March 16th 2008. It is called the Squba and it is will go up to 120 KMH on land and 3KMH at 33feet deep. I didnt read the whole article but if you go to this website and scroll down to the bottom there are pictures, video, and specs:
At a mere 1.4 million each, there should be two in every garage by the end of the century.

One more thing Shooter... one of these days when you use your coin flip method of whether-or-not to drive the Scubaru out on the ice you too could have one of these "underwater cars"! Have fun ice diving this week-end.
03-04-2008, 07:39 PM,
Re: Hey Shooter, they copied your Scubaru
Here are a couple photos of the SQUBA car. Photos 1 and 2 are of it under water with a scooter in the background called a "Seabob" (you should google Seabob as it is quite a scooter too). In the third photo if you look really close you can actually see a car in front of the woman. The fourth photo is in the battery compartment and you can see two Scuba Pro tanks mounted horizontally.

Attached Files
.jpg   SQUBA 1.jpg (Size: 50.62 KB / Downloads: 84)
.jpg   SQUBA 2.jpg (Size: 57.91 KB / Downloads: 87)
.jpg   SQUBA 3.jpg (Size: 51.44 KB / Downloads: 90)
.jpg   SQUBA 4.jpg (Size: 42.88 KB / Downloads: 93)
.jpg_thumb   SQUBA 3.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.68 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   SQUBA 4.jpg (Size: 42.88 KB / Downloads: 93)
03-05-2008, 04:24 PM,
Re: Hey Shooter, they copied your Scubaru
Awesome pics.  When I was in Key Largo at Ocean quest divers,  They are the big SCUBA Pro dealer, they were somehow involved with this.

I wonder what modifications I'll have to do to my car ;D  we wouldn't really need to worry about how thick the ice was would we?