Remember me
Lost Password Register

Photo Enhancing
03-04-2008, 04:21 PM,
Photo Enhancing
What is every body using for retouching photos up with. I am disappointed with Oly's Camedia program.
Also, how can I find the gallery. I se it before I log in, after that it is gone.

03-04-2008, 05:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2008, 05:57 PM by LKunze.)
Re: Photo Enhancing
I use Adobe Photoshop for editing photos and am pretty happy with it.  As far as the photo gallery goes you need to click on the photo gallery button before logging in.  Then log into the photo gallery from there.  If you log into the forum you will be in the forum web part which has the /yabbse/ tag on the end of the web address. The gallery button is not accessible from the forum page since the last forum software upgrade.  Hope this helps.

Attached Files
.jpg   main.JPG (Size: 121.75 KB / Downloads: 85)
.jpg   gallery.JPG (Size: 130.32 KB / Downloads: 84)
03-04-2008, 08:10 PM,
I can second the finding that Photoshop does a good job

Andreas
Andreas
04-19-2008, 01:59 PM,
As an alternative to PhotoShop, consider .  It's free, open-source, and has some nice scripting abilities if you like to code in LISP.  It's not quite as fast or rock-solid as PhotoShop, but it doesn't cost hundreds of dollars either.  It's a good idea to read the online tutorials since the interface is a bit overwhelming at first.

I've moved over to GIMP entirely simply because the automated scripting is more flexible than the "recorded actions" of my old version 5.0 of PhotoShop.  I'm not familiar with the newer (and seemingly goofy) versions of PhotoShop, so perhaps that feature has been improved.

An important feature lacking from GIMP is "adjustment layers", but for RAW images, that type of adjustment is done in the RAW conversion prior to editing with GIMP anyway.
04-19-2008, 09:24 PM,
Adobe photoshop is great! If you look hard enough you can find it for free. Also try google's free picasa program, not only does it organize all your photos it has enhancing features.
08-08-2008, 01:36 AM,
Adobe photoshop very powerfull program. i recently took what was probabably close to 300images. many were grey and had nothing. in photoshop you can set up an automated batch processing and once you find the perfect adjustments, you can program those alterations to automaticaly be adjusted to all the pictures. at which point you either set the program to save replacing the old, or save as new folder. tons and tons of my best pictures were basicaly discovered using that technique. so i dont delete anything till its been adjusted.i would recomend "auto levels"  as a starting point. that usualy will make most grey pictures pop. this feature is on the older versions of photoshop, which should be more than enough for what most dive photographers would need. so get an old version...its cheep enough.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;